mdj1965

Jun 20, 2015
I have just received my T8-S Droidbox and the remote control only has the ability to enter numerical digits so when it comes to the wifi password I can't enter letters.....I don't have a keyboard and the on screen keyboard doesn't appear...anyone help?

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi. Press the cursor button on it.Move it with left/right/up/down arrows

mdj1965

Jun 20, 2015
Hi. Press the cursor button on it.Move it with left/right/up/down arrows
Thanks but we did that and after 2 letters it started to put numbers rather than letters and then the keyboard disappeared altogether....there is no keyboard to put any letters in for the wifi password which is base camp really.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Not sure on this, but try the mouse or even if you press the number keypad more the once don't they do the letters like on a phone.
If you have a android phone there might be an app in there store that works as a remote for android. There's one for the iPhone, but that's for Kodi only I think.
Good luck

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@mdj1965
Boot up please
Settings
Other tab
More Settings button
Scroll down to and click on Language & Input
Sounds like you may have turned off the on screen keyboard, so check under the Keyboard & Input Methods section for the Default entry, click it, and turn OFF Hardware physical keyboard.
Press the home button.
Click in the next text field you want to type into, and the keyboard will re-appear on screen.
IGNORE the numbers on your remote, just up, down, left, right and OK buttons.