Iainmac1000

Oct 2, 2016
Hello,

I have T8-S Plus connected to sony surround via red/white RCA cable. The sound is coming through all speakers but the volume is very low - even when I have the amp to Max.(With a bluray connected in the same way to the surround sound, the max setting would almost blow out my windows!!!)

Is there a setting I'm missing?

In KODI I have set audio OP device to AndroidPCM, no channels to 5.1 (no DSP addon installed)

Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try setting it to...in kodi
2.0 channels
Dolby transcoding highlight.
Then Dolby digital and DTS highlight.
You will need to set it to passthrough Too.

The reason you set it to 2.0 is so the amp then decodes it to 5.1.

Make sure in Android setting you have it set to passthrough too.

Good luck

Iainmac1000

Oct 2, 2016
Hello David,

Thanks for the reply. I dont have (or cant find) all the options you mentioned above. I've attached a screenshot of the audio options I have set
Any help greatly received.

Regards,
Iain
IMG_1297.JPG

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
OK can you keep scrolling down from enable passthrough and you should find the rest. I don't use DTS HD as it takes to much bandwidth up.
Also don't highlight stereo up mix and resample to medium and keep audio alive set to off.

Good luck

Iainmac1000

Oct 2, 2016
OK can you keep scrolling down from enable passthrough and you should find the rest. I don't use DTS HD as it takes to much bandwidth up.
Also don't highlight stereo up mix and resample to medium and keep audio alive set to off.

Good luck

Thanks Guys,
Found the other sound via my remote (couldn't find it on Kodi) and now surround sound amp working as expected!!!

Most appreciated

Iain

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014