Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Watson

Dec 16, 2014
I have attempted the update and followd the posted instructions but didnt get vey far. First instruction to go to xbmc and clear previous data - done that . Run the wizard add on for your box (my case x7ultimate) so i select this icon in the wizard and.........nothing...just sitting there. Any help appreciated. Cheers

Mike Watson

Dec 16, 2014
In addition to this update i also used a newly installed VIP remote controller and it looks like one has to double click the "ok" button for an icon to be actually selected as opposed to mouse highlight and press ok. Files are now downloading. I feel a dummy!

jigger

Aug 28, 2014
Hello there Mike, Sorry for late reply. We have been very busy last month. If clearing XBMC data didn't work, you can try to uninstall and then reinstall XBMC back.

You can follow the procedure here--

After doing that, you need to RUN the DroidBox Wizard to restore the updated XBMC Skin, you can follow the step here-- https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-use-the-droidbox-wizard-add-on-in-xbmc/

It should fix all your XBMC issues, just follow the steps carefully and exactly. o_O

Mike Watson

Dec 16, 2014
I have had a working box now but another problem today has emerged.
My droidbox x7 ult is not booting up. After the initial on screen" X" all I get is a greendroid screen overlaid with a date/time and an on screen number keypad. It doesnt go into loading like normal and then show all apps on home screen. Its never done this hasnt been a problem over last few weeks. I have tried switching on and off but just the same and pressed "recovery" on underside - just the same. Ideas please asap

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
This sounds like a security lock is in place. The same as when you turn on an Android phone or tablet. Please try entering 1234 as @Tony has mentioned this was the default code on a device which presented the screen lock interface.

Mike Watson

Dec 16, 2014
Silenty Screamimg is absolutely right. Thank you.
It turns out my son had connected up to a VPN provider. In doing so this required an Access code/Username/Password - as expected. However, it transpires inputting the Access code is done on the start up screen for Android and the screen now showing allows you to do this on the keypad after the "X" boot-up screen. When access code was input the typical Home screen for droid box was there. Simples (when you know!)
I guess not all VPN providers would be the same but this info might prove useful to others who are equally (?) puzzled - and don't have a son like mine!
(I have informed Driodbox support as well.)

Reactions: ChrisM

Bald Eagle

Jul 29, 2014
Sorry to hijack your thread, I've just cleared xbmc and have went to do the update but am only getting a plugin error message. I've rebooted the box and attempted again but have just been getting the same message. Is there a quick fix for this?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Did you clear XBMC's data or cache? Can you try again with the Clear Data button (Settings>Apps>XBMC>Clear Data) and also double check that the internet is working OK by opening the browser or Chrome app (outside of XBMC) and loading a website, please?

Bald Eagle

Jul 29, 2014
Yeah I done that alright, the Internet was the first thing I looked at as it has been freezing from time to time. I have just reset the internet now and will try again.

Bald Eagle

Jul 29, 2014
Just tried everything again there, reset the internet, cleared the data, rebooted the box and tried again. I got the same message, script failed!: plugin.video.droidboxwizard

Status
Not open for further replies.