Alfy

Nov 17, 2014
This is my 2nd new Q7 only days old as the 1st one was overheating. Can't believe this one is faulty straight out of the box also! It duz everything it should until I try to use xbmc (can't even install addon pack!) or show box or any of the other Apps of this nature. After about 20seconds (duz vary a little) it just freezes, no mouse movement or anything! I just have to pull the plug and reboot it that way. I have tried factory reset and everything I can think of but no joy. Followed instructions to the letter. My imx6 works perfect when connected to the same Ethernet cable and wifi. Any ideas? Is it faulty? Could it be something to do with BT my isp?
Tried again for hours last night and found that it is now freezing even just browsing and in the middle of running Ookla speed tester???

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sorry about the delay, unless someone else has an iMX6 working OK and a Q7 misbehaving, we spoke earlier to day on the live chat section. If you don't manage to get back to it today, we'll speak tomorrow and hopefully get this all sorted.
[edit]
PS Meant to say, I don't think your ISP is to blame here. Blocked data wouldn't cause freezes as you describe.

Alfy

Nov 17, 2014
Sorry about the delay, unless someone else has an iMX6 working OK and a Q7 misbehaving, we spoke earlier to day on the live chat section. If you don't manage to get back to it today, we'll speak tomorrow and hopefully get this all sorted.
[edit]
PS Meant to say, I don't think your ISP is to blame here. Blocked data wouldn't cause freezes as you describe.
We did speak earlier and thanx again for your hard work, unfortunately the Q7 is still up to its old tricks but it duz now take longer before it starts freezing etc :)

Alfy

Nov 17, 2014
:)
Did you get an e-mail from us today? If not, let me know and I'll sort it tomorrow.
Did you get an e-mail from us today? If not, let me know and I'll sort it tomorrow.
Only emails iv had is one asking me to review Q7 lol! I refrained :) and the others were forum notifications. Sorry I ain't been in touch today, iv just not had the time due to work and family duties. The Q7 is still freezing, it has done as I type this. Its defo not fixed but it's far better than it was. I feel that it's cream cracked, seems to keep going till I stop cruising around, if i just leave it for a little while it locks up again.It also takes about 4 to 5 or more clicks to get xbmc open.
P.S. For anyone reading this, don't be put off by my rants, it is a phenominal piece of kit iv just been unlucky but the guys at DB have been brilliant so far.

Last edited:

Alfy

Nov 17, 2014
I think Vlad spoke with you earlier today and sent an e-mail, if it didn't get through, let me know (we used your GMail address).
Yes I spoke with Vlad and received his email. thank you. Hope this next box is ok, I'm sure it will be [ if not will give you a call :) ]