natasha

Feb 22, 2015
So I've been away travelling for the past 6 months and have just switched my q7 on and it won't boot it won't let me into the recovery menu using the rest button method either and low and behold my warranty ran out 3 days ago please help :(

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try using live chat on the main site see if they can help you. The link is on the front page of this forum, then on the site its the greenish box in the corner with message or chat in.
Office hours only

Mayank

Jul 22, 2014
I have also faced a similar issue. Even it was replaced when it was under warranty and now the replaced unit is also not responding and unfortunately the warranty expired. I had a chat with Droidbox guys and they suggested they can't help as device is out of warranty. I think Q7 was one of the most unstable device, I would recommend to buy Amazon Fire TV and install KODI on fire TV.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here, the amazon fire has problems too, as amazon do updates it sometime stops Kodi working.
You could always try droidboxs free draw to win a T8s and other bits.
If your box doesn't power up check the power adapter.
If it does power up try a few times to get into the recovery menu, it can be abit hit and miss.
Good luck

Reactions: Paul B

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
The Q7 that I purchased early last year is still going strong despite very heavy usage in its early days as are several of my friends devices. As Dave said, check the power supply and then maybe try livechat as customer service at Droidbox is spot on.

Reactions: David Savage

Mayank

Jul 22, 2014
The power supply is okay the box keeps on crashing/rebooting. The droixbox guys said it may be a hardware issue. That's why I recommend to get FireTv is so that hardware doesn't get faulty after every few months of usage.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
You try the T8 or T8s its a very good box, I have both and very happy... Plus you get the support which I don't think you will get from Amazon if Kodi goes wrong.
Worth a look, check out the reviews on YouTube....

Dave

Mayank

Jul 22, 2014
They may be better than FireTV but after having a bad experience with my Q7. I am afraid, I would rather stay away from buying another Droidbox.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I understand that, but before you buy check reviews and other forums to as there have been a lot of problem with the Fire tv too.
If you go online the T8 gets great reviews and is in the top 10 of best android boxes.
Yes you've had a bad experience with the Q7 box, just don't rush into the next one.
Hope you find something that suitable and wish the best of luck if you get the Fire tv.
Good luck