Oblivion

Oct 25, 2015
Hi there, after what was initially a very steep learning curve I'm really coming to love DroidBox.

I bought the T8S for my father who lives abroad and I'm trying to help him with a buffering issue. He is totally none technical, so I'm trying to use QuickSupport to help him through the process.

But when we run quick support, and he gives me control a message appears that reads something like, "due to firmware restrictions this device cannot be controlled remotely".

Which is odd, as this is the very app that comes as standard with DroidBox. Can anybody offer any pointers?
Many thanks

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi there, after what was initially a very steep learning curve I'm really coming to love DroidBox.

I bought the T8S for my father who lives abroad and I'm trying to help him with a buffering issue. He is totally none technical, so I'm trying to use QuickSupport to help him through the process.

But when we run quick support, and he gives me control a message appears that reads something like, "due to firmware restrictions this device cannot be controlled remotely".

Which is odd, as this is the very app that comes as standard with DroidBox. Can anybody offer any pointers?
Many thanks
Hi

Please take a note that RockChip based CPU devices are the one that have problems with remote session,you can transfer files,unistall etc,but cant enter in remote session.

With T8-S having a AmLogic based CPU there are no any restriction.

What BOX user needs to do is:

--- Follow these steps:
First:
Go to settings>display>hide status bar-turn it OFF
Second:
Go to app list,open QuickSupport app,tell me 9 digit number,leave the app open and dont press anything in it,when you see request,you ALLOW

What PC user(Windows,Mac,GNU/linux x86,x86_64)needs to do is:

Go to official teamviewer website
https://www.teamviewer.com

Once software is downloaded for specific platform and installed,please open it,enter 9 digit number that user provided you and press connect.

Once user allow you will be connected.

After that click on remote connection,once user accept it you will be able to access remotely inside the box.

Regards

Oblivion

Oct 25, 2015
Hi thanks for the reply; I was already performing your above process to the letter.
However, I have just tried this again from home on my own DroidBox, remote connecting in via TeamViewer 10.0.47484.

Connection is established, DB user clicks 'Allow' to both prompts, but then on the connecting PC a message pops saying "due to firmware restrictions this device cannot be controlled remotely".

You can view some bits like processes, message board and apps but not take control.
I'm trying to get access to help fine tune some settings in Kodi.

Have you tested this yourself? These are two of the latest T8-S devices.