Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi All,
Just got my New Box... T8S, and although it is a fantastic looking piece of kit, it is sat in the corner like a "Brick". The Setup manual is awful, and although I have clicked to update to the latest KODY from the OTA UPDATER icon, it has left me even more confused!

I am not sure what everything is: Kodi? XBMC? and OpenElec?, and then you have Linux?

On top of this the lack of the DROIDBOX WIZARD has left me really in the dark with "Nothing" on the box, even after two days. I know we are being directed to this wizard called "Wookie" but is that where I should go?

The problem seems to be "lack of information" and don't think I haven't tried, I have searched high and low for a basic tutorial to get me going but nothing. I have searched, YouTube, and of course on this website. I can't believe there isn't even a "Getting Started" section when it's delivered!

I am really stuck with this "AND CONFUSED" - Haven't got a clue what to do? anybody know of a Step By Step" guide that can help me, as I am really stuck!

Thanks you lot!,
Ray(str)

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry the link hasn't worked, using a new phone.
If you go to droidbox main site and in the top right corner there a menu box and click here.
From here click and go to blogs and how to see if this helps you.

Good luck

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you are finding it hard and need help this forum great...but if you are struggling you can use live chat as well which is on the main site and its the green box in the bottom corner. This is office hours so you won't get a reply now, but they are very helpful and are there from 9ish.

Enjoy and hope you get it up and running soon...

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Thank You David....I am making some headway, thanks to your reply........and will try the "live chat" mate - didn't realise that was there...
It is very complicated but once I get my head around it I will be a lot happier......

Thanks again pal!
Have a Good Night!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Mate - Just seen your post...Thank You!
Glad to say I am getting there "Slow But Sure"

I have looked at your links, and I am slowly getting to grips with it all...........

Cheers
Ray.