Presley Harding

May 27, 2015
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help I.

After my IMX6 droid box crashed, I tried to reboot, using the standard method. Unpower, power up holding the reset button in, with my usd stick in with a firmware on it. However unlike previous successful attempts, I'd get stuck at a page with the several options; (all in blue)
Reboot system now,
Update from ADB
Update from EXT
Update from cache
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition.

All of these fail to work. (Tried them all)

Beneath the blue writing there are 16 un-selectable options, all in yellow writing. The top being, "finding update package" bottom being, "cache wipe failed."

Unfortunately this is basically all the information I can provide on my problem. What im hoping is if anyone could direct me to a solution, Id guess maybe I need a new firmware update, in truth ive no idea.

If anyone can provide any help, that'll be great, thank you,

Presley Harding

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just so we don't have confusion in the future, reboot = turning device off and on.
Recovery procedure/recovery menu/recovery boot covers the process you're talking about.

Can you remove the USB device from your iMX6 and go back to the Recovery menu again (via the AV switch once more).
Once you get to the menu, don't forget to try using the Return/Go back key on your remote control to select the Data reset/Factory wipe entry, and then the confirmation screen afterwards.
If problems remain and you're using a remote control that has a USB dongle, can you temporarily unplug it and use the original infrared remote control please?

Presley Harding

May 27, 2015
Thanks for your help, after the data reset/factory wipe entry has been confirmed, I am able to do this successfully, what is my next step?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You'll see some messages mentioning the processes it completes when wiping the data. At the very end, you can select the Reboot option. As it boots up and eventually gets to the homescreen (fill in any setup queries automatically asked), leave it alone for 20 minutes. Then you can reconnect via WiFi (password) or check the Ethernet cable is working. Run through XBMC and the DroidBOX Wizard and you'll hopefully be good to go.

See https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ for more info, you can ignore the SD card and file requirement as you've been accessing the recovery menu without a hitch.

Presley Harding

May 27, 2015
How long does the rebooting take? I can successfully wipe the data and cache an when I selecting reboot It just gets stuck. At the bottom it says "rebooting..." An just nothing happens. Maybe it's time for a new box or something.