dabba

Jan 1, 2016
Would like some advice please, just tried to register my recently purchased T8-S Plus,
filled in details required, order ID, Purchase date, T8 S plus (this was already showing) name, email, below that 'log file' a series of numbers already filled in, when I try to enter message comes up saying 'register clicked' API Missing. so I'm unable to register.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Would like some advice please, just tried to register my recently purchased T8-S Plus,
filled in details required, order ID, Purchase date, T8 S plus (this was already showing) name, email, below that 'log file' a series of numbers already filled in, when I try to enter message comes up saying 'register clicked' API Missing. so I'm unable to register.
It is because registration is not live yet, once it will be live you will be able to register your device on CC App.

Last edited:
Reactions: dabba

dabba

Jan 1, 2016
Many thanks for the replies, just one more query, just back from holiday so the T8-S+ has not been in use for a few weeks, do I need to check for system updates or will the unit do this by auto?

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Many thanks for the replies, just one more query, just back from holiday so the T8-S+ has not been in use for a few weeks, do I need to check for system updates or will the unit do this by auto?
The T8-S PLUS is up to date and there is no new update available for T8-S PLUS.
You can follow the below link to install AndysBuild7 on Kodi for watching media content if you have not installed it yet:

dabba

Jan 1, 2016
Thank you Qaisir, will follow instructions above, and hopefully install 'AndysBuild'

Reactions: Qaisir

dabba

Jan 1, 2016
After many problems finally installed Andys Build 7 using video guide above, kodimaster etc, but the result not good most front pages are just coming up with black what looks like a speaker grille effect and T8 s+ locking up and freezing, suggestions please as upto now the unit has been not working for most of the time since I bought it,

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Initial reaction would be to clear cache and free up some memory. If xunity maintenance is installed, open it and look for the clear cache tool. If you dont have it, you can click on kodi in settings - apps then click on clear cache.
Then reboot and see what happens.

If problem persists, try reinstalling andys build or maybe trying wookie lite as an alternative.

dabba

Jan 1, 2016
Cache cleared, reinstalled andys build no joy, went back to wookie installed 'new look build' same again major problems freezing etc tried wookie lite some success with this but still some freezing, sudden back to home page for no reason, I should be able to install a little larger build on the T8 S+ which was the reason for choosing the better sized box, but it seems the hardware inside the box is not working as it should so I will contact sales to return it, it's a shame cause I've spent hours trying.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you check a few more things dabba.
You will need to run a speed test app like Ookla.
Is your default a wireless connection?
If so what speed are you getting on the box?
What speed do you get on an Ethernet connection?

Re freezing and bouncing back to the home screen, this happens occasionally for most people including myself. The question is, what's the frequency dabba?

dabba

Jan 1, 2016
The droidbox is a wired connection (router to box)
used the included app for Ookla and the speed test Download 6.93Mbps, upload 1.47 Mbps.
I would like to be able to install a build like andys which has plenty of choice, and would expect the T8 S+ to be ok with this, and the smaller builds suitable for firestick sized units.
the freezing is very frequent, bounching back less frequent
very much appreciate your assistance, thanks.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Your memory is well big enough for andys build or whatever. However internal memory is a lot less smaller and can fill up with temp files. Hence the request to clear cache.
5.93mbps is on the edge for hd streaming (normally recommend 10+) so that could be a contributory factor to buffering.
Re the frequent bouncing out of kodi you might want to start a live chat session with live support (from droidbox main page)

dabba

Jan 1, 2016
Was hoping memory would be large enough for andys build, thanks for confirming, cache always cleared, I never mentioned buffering, by problems are prior to a stream being available, freezing etc, live support not available at present will try tomorrow

dabba

Jan 1, 2016
received info regarding new update, followed instructions but still waiting for connection/update after over 1/2 hour, cancelled update, checked the internet was connected by doing speedtest (OK) and repeated, still doing the same will keep trying incase server is too busy.

martyntom

Feb 10, 2016
If the box is wired in via eithernet you have to untick the box in the top right corner thatsays download via wifi only

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dabba

Jan 1, 2016
Many thanks Marty, didn't have a tick box in top right corner, but changed internet connection in settings to wi-fi and you were spot-on, the update loaded!
I'll try re-installing andys build as this may help.