ray_ingles

Dec 11, 2014
I'm using t8 s plus V2. Have downloaded remotr on pc was already on my t8 they both connected no prob but on my t8 screen steam games are there with no graphic and will not load and play. Does remotr support steam games or do I need to configure something.
Regards
Ray Ingles

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, See if this video helps you from the Droidbox youtube channel.

Also go to the playstore and make sure your on the latest version of the Remotr app.

ray_ingles

Dec 11, 2014
Hi again Angela this is the second prob you've helped me with on new box. I've checked my box version on playstore and there is no option to update so presume it's the latest version. Problem may be PC version but can't get on just yet. When I click remotr on pc start menu nothing happens no remotr screen opens so think this could be the issue. I'll re install the PC version as soon as I have access. What do you think. Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
When you start the server on your PC it doesn't bring the window up automatically (at least on my (Windows 10) PC), check in the bottom right corner (and the area where icons hide (little arrow to click)) for the Remotr icon.
upload_2017-8-14_17-42-18.png

It is the 3rd one from the left, top row, in this screenshot

upload_2017-8-14_17-43-25.png

In the pop out section, the icon is bottom left

upload_2017-8-14_18-33-13.png

I tested with Steam, specifically Payday 2 and it loaded up OK, controls worked. Didn't change any settings from default. Might be worth checking the Remotr server version is the latest on your PC.

ray_ingles

Dec 11, 2014
Thanks for info I got remotr screen up. When I fired pc up there was a massive update and games are working would you believe. Still have no graphics above game titles but they are working, jackpot !!!! The ts8 is superb just me learning how to set things up. One final question I guess PC has to be switched on when gaming so grandson won't be able to play these games unless he's here. Sorry if I come across a bit thick and a pain but I'm learning. Thanks to both of you for your patience your both stars.
Regards
Ray Ingles

ray_ingles

Dec 11, 2014
Thanks that's great I'm up and running again will leave things for a while before trying to do something else and probably needing more advice. Much appreciated