aggierockdoc

Jul 18, 2016
Anyone ever done something stupid with Android?

I just managed to stupidly set the restricted profile on my Droidbox TS8 and can now find no way to reset the profile. I think this was in the Security "tab". Now I no longer seem to have root access and the settings are now limited and excludes the menu item in settings where restricted access is controlled.

I've lost access to all my apps and thus cannot run iplayer or itv hub or all 4.

When the device reboots i get about 10 seconds of "non-restricted" time before the restricted profile kicks in. Unfortunately it takes about 5 seconds for the mouse to start working so there's no time to go in and quickly reset the profile before profile restriction kicks in.

Has anyone got a work around to this or maybe there's a way to change the profiles within Android by ssh-ing into libreelec. Problem is i've no idea where to look or even if i can see the android file system from libreelec.

Any tips gratefully received.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You are not the first to do this.
I did a search and came across this on another forum.
They mention the 10 second window but ultimately the comclusion was that a factory reset is needed.
Are you ok with doing that? Do you need a guide?

aggierockdoc

Jul 18, 2016
fair enough... i'd wanted to avoid that, but it sounds like that its my only option.

As regards a guide - if you can point me to a workflow i'd be grateful.