onjonone

Dec 7, 2015
Hi All

is there a way in openElec that I can have all my add on via wookie wizard retro and also have a return to android in the power options. currently I can click the power button and the screen just goes black (the actual box stays on) I can then reboot and straight back to openELEC. From what previous support was saying is that I have to change skin to get the switch to android option but all the add ons then get hidden away and there are less categories along the ribbon bar.
what am I doing wrong please?

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
If you are not able to see the Power Icon on the left bottom of the main screen of Kodi then you need to change Skin to make it visible on screen and when you change Skin these are the only short cuts that gets hidden from the main screen.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi All

is there a way in openElec that I can have all my add on via wookie wizard retro and also have a return to android in the power options. currently I can click the power button and the screen just goes black (the actual box stays on) I can then reboot and straight back to openELEC. From what previous support was saying is that I have to change skin to get the switch to android option but all the add ons then get hidden away and there are less categories along the ribbon bar.
what am I doing wrong please?
Hi

Please understand that openELEC is special OS designed to run Kodi(XBMC) only.

Once in openELEC,that is not android anymore.

That means that wookie setup in openELEC will not work on Kodi(XBMC) or DBMC in android at all,each media centre have it own instalation path so if you want to access add ons you would have to go to openELEC again.

If you are interested in using android my advise is to reset openELEC so memory could be cleared,switch back to android and set up add on wizard inside Kodi(XBMC) on android itself.

On that way you can always use Kodi(XBMC) and have android features anytime.

Take a note that you can keep multiple wookie instalations(on openELEC,Kodi(XBMC),DBMC)but it will take so much memory space that is not needed to be taken at all!

Regards

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
I used wookie on my t8s in openelec and so far the only way I can find to use the return to android button is change to the kodi default skin, I don't think the wookie modded skins supports it

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
the thing with that is with wookie retro skin there are no openelec settings so had to change to confluence

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Most skins should still have a shortcut for Program Add-ons, it is worth looking through the menus with miscellaneous looking entries, or even trying the Power/Exit menu entry in case they've hidden an option there.

Reactions: David Savage

RickGM

Sep 24, 2015
I have the same issue. The only way I can find to get back to Android (and Kodi) from Wookie (on Openelec) is to change the skin to Confluence (Kodi's default) and the System/OpenELEC/System/ and then scroll down to Switch System and Reboot to Android. The power button in the bottom left hand corner, next to favourites just sends the screen black - the box is still on though. I then have to Reboot.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have the same issue. The only way I can find to get back to Android (and Kodi) from Wookie (on Openelec) is to change the skin to Confluence (Kodi's default) and the System/OpenELEC/System/ and then scroll down to Switch System and Reboot to Android. The power button in the bottom left hand corner, next to favourites just sends the screen black - the box is still on though. I then have to Reboot.
Hi

Thats why we have multiple ways of solving the same problem provided to our customers.

If you need more help feel free to reply back!

Regards

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Try going into programs then press c over openelec configuration then add it to your favourites. You can then add it to your homescreen as either an addon or submenu, then 2 clicks your back to android (up and back to android)

Last edited: