RG552-Firmware-Update-Guide.jpg

How to download and install the RG552 firmware for Linux and Android OS. A full step by step guide on the latest RG552 firmware update...Read full article

MikeDarb

Dec 23, 2021
Can only get the Andoid utility to recognise USB sticks plugged into PC, it does not seem to ever list SD Cards in the SD card slot. Is there anything "special you have to do to get it to recognise the cards (I have tried formatting as FAT32 and also to ensure the RG552 has set it to portable storage - but in either case the utility does not recognise the card (although windows itself does

I tried installing to a USB stick and then cloning that using BalenaEtcher to the SD Card but that just caused the recorvery mode menu to appear in Android and it didnt then recognise the card.

Does the update software require an external USB card reader for the SD card to be recognised? I am on WIndows11

Last edited:

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Does the update software require an external USB card reader for the SD card to be recognised? I am on WIndows11
Because you're on Windows 11 it's difficult to say for sure unfortunately.

When we carried out the updates here, it was on Windows 10 PC's with a card reader. So you may need to purchase a dedicated USB card reader.

MikeDarb

Dec 23, 2021
Tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and neither recognise the built in SD card reader (on HP laptop) I have purchased an external sd card reader and that is recognised and have been able to update using that. Not sure if it is a general builtin SD card reader that it cant handle or if it is specific to certain makes

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and neither recognise the built in SD card reader (on HP laptop) I have purchased an external sd card reader and that is recognised and have been able to update using that. Not sure if it is a general builtin SD card reader that it cant handle or if it is specific to certain makes
Usually internal microSD card slots are wired slightly differently USB interfaces, so I'd chalk it down to poor programming on the update program's part. Or something like that anywho.