twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello me again.

I have an issue with SALTS. Never had a problem with SALTS in previous android box but this is driving me mad.

The issues are the scrapers and the slow motion videos. I have enabled all the scrapers, I have picked the ones that have been advised on youtube, google etc. I have uninstalled and installed SALTS but the scrapers are either not being found or when they are they have slow motion footage.

My SALTS is linked to trakt so have movies and tv shows subscription. Both are having the problem.

As mentioned I did not have this problem before. I have connected Private Internet Access and disabled it to see if that was the problem but no luck. Tried other add ons (Exodus, The Royal We) and problems there as well to such an extent that when I click on some films I have the song 'Never going to give you up' video play for about 13 seconds. Virus? I have had the box for a week.

The finding of the scrapers is now taking for ever. BT provide my internet and I have unlimited downloads.

I did remove the parental control before but will check again.

Some of the scrapers advised to use by one youtube video guy I do not have so wondering if that is also an issue? There was also a problem with the sports add ons today which caused problems with watching the football. Same slow motion footage.

Cache inside kodi cleared.

I was thinking about installing Kodi direct from Kodi and not delete the driodbox version?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

twa

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
some of the addons are getting ddos for the past day so it might be that.

and to stop the song 'Never going to give you up' lol i had that to
hit menu key or c on kb "select source" i think its called and you will get a list with links. that will stop the 'Never going to give you up' its up to the devs to update the addon.

Last edited:

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Thank you Edwin.

I think I may have sussed the problem. SALTS has not updated to the newer version nor has tknorris repo. In fact neither one has the new version options. I click on update and nothing happens. I am on v1.0.2 for tknorris and v2.0.28 for SALTS. May have to uninstall both and try again.

thanks

twa

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Downloaded the Beta version of tknorris on both my mac and android. Enabled salts and genesis on mac and works but when it comes to android it says that they have both failed to install a dependency. weird.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you are having loads of issues inside kodi or DBMC, I would go out and then go to setting, add-ons and go to the one causing the problem and go in and force stop and then clear data. Wait for it to finish and go back and re-run the wizard again. Sometimes little bugs can cause these issues from time to time.
You could also try playing around with the Acceleration setting inside kodi to see if this helps you. They are normally found in system, video and then Acceleration and try by highlighting then all to start.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Been doing my own test on these and there are some issues with the links, but I did manage to get it working on some.
SALTS had to try a few sources before I got one to work. Primewire was fine...
If you still have issues try another add-on like Exodus or phoenix, even movieflix and imperial streams are good. They are found in Muckyducks repo.

Hope this helps

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you use movieflix you need to install it from Muckyducks repo and then go to Video add-ons and hover over and press the menu button on your remote. Then go to add-on setting and go to enable sections and highlight movies and tv shows for it to work.

Enjoy