palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
ive reinstaled kodi and want to add ez maintanence but the shism repo doesnt work??
any other alternitivies other than ares maintenence??
or does anyone no where i can find the ez maintence plugin?
thanks

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I totally agree. I deleted EZ coz I found it not doing half as good as Ares maintenance.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
2 things im not sure about with ares maintenence
1. theres no quick option like with ez ! you have to load up ares wizard even with daily reminders activated
also if you look at ares wizard in the top right corner it only gives you a few addons to clear cache such as exodus and salts???

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just clear thumbnails and packages once a month, leave the cache alone. I wouldn't set any auto cleaner at all

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Perfect advice Sean. Cache cleaning has been proven to have no discernible effect.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Here is my current status in aw maintenance and has been untouched for about 5wks plus now in LibreElec, there is only a red light above 'Packages' @194mb in size. Quite surprisingly 'Thumbnails' @420mb green light and still good to go (not so good if you do not have much memory on your device to play with, but is still plenty to go for mine) Will just be taking action in future with any of the red lights as am now convinced this maintenance tool knows exactly what is the best procedures to carry out.

Attachments

• IMG_1675.JPG
    IMG_1675.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 146

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Schism is now being maintained by Dimitroloy.

Check to see if its in his repo, or drop him a question at http://www.dimitrology.com/

Also check out: http://www.dimitrology.com/?s=schism
Dimitrology has addons in a repo of which both you and I could host, just like smash repo hosting older versions of the likes of exodus, salts etc. If you already have these addons you can put Vxxxxx or whatever and create a repo stating yours has the latest updated addon versions. The likes of ares, echo, tva (before its demise) had the real addons with updates. These are unnofficial repos which will receive no updates and what ever happened to asking the devs permission 1st:rolleyes:

Last edited: