Jordan Ellis

Nov 21, 2015
The most the screen stays on for is about 10 seconds, and then it goes black for 1-2 seconds before repeating the same thing again.
I have tried a reset and that has not helped.
Any input is appreciated thanks.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, try going to the two cogs on your menu, now go to other, now more setting.
Now go to storage and check your memory and if it's low clear cache and delete any apps or down loads you don't need..kodi needs around 600MB free to run.
Hope this helps

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

If you are talking about XBMC or Kodi main screen, then it usually happens when your main memory gets filled up by temp files.

So, you can follow the video given in below link to resolve black screen issue:

Hope that helps...

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, for me zero cache causes play back issues, so I just have it set to no advanced setting and clear cache often. Here a page from kodi site explaining zero cache.

1.1 "Zero" cache

A lot of people see references to a "zero cache". This is a specific setting for the video cache to use local storage (such as a hard drive) instead of RAM. This setting is not needed for most users, even if you only have 1GB of RAM total.

Note: The zero cache mode/settings does not improve video buffering or performance.

Users should not use the zero cache mode/settings on a device that does not have a lot of free internal space, such as an Amazon Fire TV, OUYA, or other devices with only about 8GB of local space total. Such devices will only have about 4GB of available space when you deduct the OS and other files that are used, and this is rarely enough space for a full length movie. If Kodi attempts to use the local drive without having enough space then video will either suddenly stop, or Kodi could even crash.

Like all video cache settings and modes, the user does not need to manually "empty" the cache when using the "zero" setting. Kodi will automatically empty such temporary files.