David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sometimes things can get corrupted and cause problems, if you still have problems might be worth doing a full reset of kodi.
Like you said might be worth getting kodi 16.1 or try DBMC.

Good luck

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Ares Wizard takes about 20 minutes to open through your build. That doesnt seem normal. Then after about 20min it gives me the Unstable version of Kodi error. Ideas? Also I'm getting some youtube overuse error and I never use youtube on here.
Ares wizard is still not fully compatible with kodi 17 never mind 17.1 as they have not updated their end yet. I need to sort out two addons happy movies and maverick in the build, you have exceeded your limit on youtube is an easy fix I have posted the fix on an earlier thread. Addons go down all the time and throw up errors and its a hobby of mine maintaining builds, have a family life also to live and is way more important to me.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Ares wizard is still not fully compatible with kodi 17 never mind 17.1 as they have not updated their end yet. I need to sort out two addons happy movies and maverick in the build, you have exceeded your limit on youtube is an easy fix I have posted the fix on an earlier thread. Addons go down all the time and throw up errors and its a hobby of mine maintaining builds, have a family life also to live and is way more important to me.

Thanks Sean...
Your builds are very good and appreciate your time you put into them and help on this forum. You've help me and many others and just wanted to say Thanks.

Regards

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No probs Dave just getting round to sorting out each build, 15.2 done and will fettle the other two over the w/e.

Rob96

Dec 31, 2016
Hi Anyone, not sure if I'm posting this in the right area but I'm using Sean's build so thought I would start here. When watching a movie and you pause can the menu bar be changed from top to bottom, also on you tube links it also shows if the stream is 1080 and 5.1. I've looked in settings and exodus but can't find it. Any help appreciated.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Rob, the osd menu bar default is at the top using the silvo skin. You want it like the confluence skin at the bottom and to do that you would have to change a line in one of the many xml files. Not sure how but am almost certain it can be done, when I find out will let you know.

Rob96

Dec 31, 2016
Hi Sean, its no problem. Just thought it would be nice to know if what I'm watching is 1080 and what the sound quality is.
Have to say your build behaves better for me in Ares, opens first time in kodi and doesn't keep dropping back to droidbox homepage :):)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I guess thats a blessing in disguise getting the builds moved then Rob:)will do some delving and see if I can get the osd bar moved to the bottom showing more info in a not too distant update.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
If you have a keyboard with you droidbox press 'i' when viewing a stream as that will give you some of the info your looking for Rob. I think changing the osd (on screen display) menu bar to the bottom would be a mismatch for my limited skinning knowledge for now;)

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
Hi Sean youre build is great Ive updated it from ares! I just want to double check with you that ive done it right.
I didnt fresh start as I saw the fresh star highlighted in the ares options when I installed youre build ! Is that ok?
Or should I have fresh started DBMC and then added the ares wizard addon and sownloaded youre build in that order???
Everything seems ok though

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Updated and removed njm soccer, replaced with uk turk. All addons streaming as should.

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
Could any one help me with my previous question please??
I just want to know do I need to fresh start when updating seans build??
Thanks

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
ahh ok I usually do its just that in youre update in ares theres an option to highlight fresh start so I thought it was doing it aswell as installing youre update
Thanks for reply

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No when you fresh start in ares it wipes all sources/addons/input leaving just ares, so no need to install again.