Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Hello,

The title is what i'm searching, i'm searching a firmware of Android 4.2.2 for the DroidBox imx6 without the xbmc pre-installed. I don't want to have on the firmware xmbc, so is there annywhere a firmware thats have not installed xbmc.

Thanks helping!

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
I have now the firmware that was pre-installed from the store where I bought the DroidBox but they have a security in the firmware that I can not update xbmc. Also if I do a factory reset xbmc is again pre-installed with allot of addons. So i'm searching for a firmware that I can update xbmc by myself.

Another question, if I download a new firmware, is this problem still there or is this with this firmwares gone and I able to update normal.
Thanks helping me

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Only we sell DroidBOX devices (unless you're in Malta, the Republic of Ireland or a few select Western European communities with a high ex-pat ratio).
You'll find us at our website ( http://DroidBOX.co.uk ), and under the name of XBMCGadgetsHub at eBay and Amazon.
If you purchased your device from us, we won't have anything in place that will prevent you from uninstalling/upgrading XBMC.
Send us an e-mail ( [email protected] ) with the details listed here - What To Include If You Need To e-mail Us...
If your device is a genuine DroidBOX device, we'll get this sorted for you one way or another. You may need an SD card (or obviously a mini/microSD card with an adaptor would be fine).

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Hello,

I don't bought the device on DroidBox, I have bought the device in my own country. I'm only searching a working firmware that allows to update xmbc by my self.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
e-mail us with all your order details, see my previous post (including as much information regarding the company you purchased from) . Mention that SilentlyScreaming asked you to do so. If you have a genuine DroidBOX device, we can help. The reason for my caution is that this last year we have had a lot of retailers across the globe sell products and use our name. If the retailer purchased the devices from us, and resold them, and we can trace the order, we can help you. If the retailer purchased cheap imitations and pretended they were from us, you'll need to sort this out with them directly.

In short, if we can confirm the device was ORIGINALLY ours, we can get to the bottom of this and ensure you get a firmware image that doesn't restrict you. (Even then, we'll need to speak to whoever sold you the device, as none of our firmware locks you into a specific release of XBMC!)

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
oke here we go.

I bought the device on: www.sossolutions.nl
Device: XBMC player fully loaded with XBMC GOTHAM 13.0 with own software.
Order: # 047120
On the device self under device information I see that the imx6 firmware with Android 4.2.2 is installed.
If I download the update from xbmc.org and install the update all if fine and works. If I restart the device the old version is back again and the update is gone. If I do A factory reset xbmc is installed with a lot of addons pre-installed.

I hope u have enough info now

Last edited:
Reactions: footlose

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you send us an e-mail ( [email protected] ) with that info, please include a link to the advert you purchased your device from.

I've never yet come across SOS Solutions Nederlands, so I'm not sure the device originally came from us, but if we can make contact with them and check the history of your device, perhaps this will all get sorted.

Just a quick query, as sometimes people that find us via a search engine don't notice, but you don't happen to have a DroiBOX device do you (notice that missing second D in that name), as they are a different company?
hmm, I've just noticed that the advert you quoted from mentions XBMC Gotham being pre-installed. We don't have a DroidBOX firmware or XBMC release that has Gotham on it, for any of our iMX6 devices. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this ASAP.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just in case your device isn't from us, and SOS Solutions don't help, when you install the newer XBMC and configure it, after you reboot, you might want to try waiting 10 minutes before starting XBMC again. If this fixes everything, wait 8 minutes next time, and continue this until you find the minimum amount of time you need to wait before the correct XBMC loads.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
hmmmm realy nice then from SOS Solutions..... Oke If I update the app and I restart the box (after 10 min, after 1 hour etc) the old version is back on the box. Of I update and the box is not restarted the new version is active. But after restart is the old version active. If I download the update, rename the update to the apk file that is in the pre-installed map and overwrite the file the new version is active also after restart. But after a couple of days xbmc shows errors like "connot open commoncache" or subtitles not working annymore good. Aslo the audio is not sync annymore, so a couple of problems begin after a couple of days. So thats why I searching a firmware that works on my box and I can update the xbmc without anny problems. I think thats is the solution for my problem, a new firmware working on my device so I can update xbmc without problems do u think not?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
So they didn't help?
I'd not worry about getting a firmware that is XBMC free, just one that isn't used by SOS Solutions should be enough.
No guarantess (it might not work, it might brick your device, there may be more recent versions that are still/more/less compatible), but I'd have a word with Finless, over at the FreakTab forum - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?10131-UPDATED!-MX2-ROM-talk-MX2-BETA-ROM-1-1-ready might be a good place to start.
Don't flash unless you're either fairly sure it will work, or don't mind if you end up with an unflashable and not working device. btw, Do you have a link to their advert, we'll need to have words if they're claiming to sell DroidBOXes brand new!

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Question, is it possible to delete the xbmc apk on the pre-istalled map and install xbmc manual. Or is this complete intergate in the firmware??

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
hmmm strange. Why doing that, so people can never use the newest updates without problems. They don't help people with this but more that they need to do what sos says.