grajdead

Feb 26, 2016
I am looking for a good TV Box to run Kodi on. I like to get the best box that doesn't buffer a lot. Should I buy a T8-S Plus OpenELEC or other device. Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Buffering is normally down to Internet speeds and bad links.
All droidboxs are good, but the T8-S and new T8-S plus are very good.
Check there main site for reviews and best prices.
Check your Internet speed and anything over 8 is great. You must make sure security and perent controls are off on your router.

Reactions: ChrisM and Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
In my view you should buy a T8 - android only. If you want to download movies and store on a local HDD then consider a T8S (or T8S +). I see little advantage running kodi on Openelec over straight android on machines this powerful.
Certainly buy from Droidbox if you want first rate support.
At any rate buffering is less a factor of machine power as contention on the source hosts which is beyond your control. (poor broadband speed also plays its part).

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
I am looking for a good TV Box to run Kodi on. I like to get the best box that doesn't buffer a lot. Should I buy a T8-S Plus OpenELEC or other device. Thanks
T8-S and T8-S PLUS, both are good devices and the main difference between these two devices is that T8-S PLUS has 32gb of main internal memory and is running on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 while as T8-S has 16gb of main internal memory and is running on Android Kitkat 4.4.2.
To know more follow the below links:
https://droidbox.co.uk/choose-your-droidbox.html
https://droidbox.co.uk/compare-models/

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
In my view you should buy a T8 - android only. If you want to download movies and store on a local HDD then consider a T8S (or T8S +). I see little advantage running kodi on Openelec over straight android on machines this powerful.
Certainly buy from Droidbox if you want first rate support.
At any rate buffering is less a factor of machine power as contention on the source hosts which is beyond your control. (poor broadband speed also plays its part).
Nigelar we have stopped selling T8 device and it will replaced by new device which is going to be released soon :)

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
T8-S is a great device and it has run perfectly for many months. I've just purchased a T8-S PLUS as a gift and have literally just set it up now.
It is very positive and crisp when selecting addons in kodi and all in all the device runs smoothly but as mentioned above by Dave Savage and Nigelar, good internet connection is essential.
I would recommend either of these devices but would probably go for the T8-S PLUS due to the higher spec. Either way you can't go wrong if you purchase from Droidbox.
Customer service is second to none as is the forum support.