Jontttt

Sep 1, 2015
I'm used to running showbox on my HUDL (HDMI OUT) which has worked brilliantly for over 6 months. I can either watch movies on the fly or download to the HUDL.

Downloading a circa 1GB file takes about 20 min (I'm on virgin cable).

So I bought a T8-S to replace my HUDL, install the Show Box app and try to download a couple of films.

After more than 24 hours they are still not downloaded.

I tried the same films on my HUDL (over wireless the android is hard wired to the router so should be quicker) and they downloaded in less than an hour whilst the T8-S is still trying to download them.

So why so slow ???

ps my intention is to download to the T8-S internal storage and then file manager over to a 1GB HD I've fitted to watch via another viewer than Show Boxes internal one. In that way I can save a film library (of films I have the DVD of ;-) on the HD. On the HUDL I constantly delete films as I watch them.
However when I use the file manager (the ESS one pre installed) to create a directory on the HD it says the software needs to be rooted ? no massive issue as I can move the files to the HD root but I like things tidy and to be able to create sub directories. Any advice on how to do that ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
ES File Explorer
Tools menu on left - please expand
Turn on the Rooted option and click Grant if asked whether you want to allow this.

Re why it is taking so long to download, not sure, you might want to check which build of Show Box you have on each device. Get to the monochrome looking Android settings area (on your T8-S, click the Two cogs on the homescreen, then the OTHER tab, then the MORE SETTINGS button), select the Apps entry, then look for Show Box and check the version installed.