DWM

Sep 4, 2016
My picture is continually dropping out, I've tried lots of solutions but none work. The problem is common to DBMC and Openelec. Could it be an HDMI issue? I'm new to droidbox and have taken the plunge having run kodi on a laptop without issue. It is driving me potty!!! Please help.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
2 obvious things worth trying are:
- a different HDMI lead
- a different HDMI port on the tv

May also be worth trying a different tv if you have one.

Report back on results.

DWM

Sep 4, 2016
Have tried several HDMI leads and different TVs. I purchased two boxes one is in a bedroom running off WiFi, the other in the living room running off ethernet. The living room set up is the one causing problems. I think it could be a HDMI registration issue, however I can not predict when the problem will occur, sometimes I can use the box for days without problem other times the system is totally unusable. Live streams appear to be unaffected. Any suggestions?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The clue is your statement "live streams are unaffected", that rules out a problem on the box or ALL streams would be affected (the box has no idea what type of stream you are showing, it is just bits).
So the problem is most likely at the host server end. Littlexyou can do about that i'm afraid.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might be worth seeing if routing all your traffic away from your ISP effects anything. Either grab a month from our VPN partner IPVanish - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-announces-partnership-with-ipvanish-vpn/ for less than a pound, or something like Tunnel Bear - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/tunnelbear-vpns-and-iplayer-abroad/ - and just use their free 500Mb/month (if still on offer).
Once installed, turn on and select another country. Now play streams that dropped out previously. Also worth keeping an eye in Kodi on which company is hosting the content you're playing (second word/term when using Exodus and similar). Some are slower/less reliable than others. I've had luck with GVideo normally. VK used to be fine, but normally too slow now for smooth playback.