Bald Eagle

Jul 29, 2014
Hi all,

It's that time of year again where I switch broadband providers, at the moment Sky have the best offer by far for me but I was wondering how they are for running Kodi on? Does anyone have any issues with them in this regard?

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
Sky are OK.just make sure u have sky shield turned off...I changed the crap router u get with sky yesterday.they are the only broadband company that don't give out your password details when u want to use your own router.apart from that u should get decent speeds.

Reactions: Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle

Jul 29, 2014
Sky are OK.just make sure u have sky shield turned off...I changed the crap router u get with sky yesterday.they are the only broadband company that don't give out your password details when u want to use your own router.apart from that u should get decent speeds.

What's wrong with the router? I've found that the BT Hub 4 router had a load of black spots in our home and the old NetGear one I had with AOL had a much better range.

What router would you recommend? Do you have to notify them if you use your own? Sorry, I'm a bit green when it comes to this side of things!

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
Had an old netgear one.with 3 t8 ,computers,tablets and ps4s it was a bit of a mare.got a tp-link router9980,has dual band 2.4ghz. And 5ghz...no u don't tell them(they wouldn't tell u ur details anyway as they want u using their crap gear)u have to extract it yourself......I have my t8's on Ethernet or 5ghz...everything else on 2.4ghz....nothing conflicts with my viewing that way ;)