Bernyn

Jan 28, 2015
Using Skype through a Philips TV and Q7 droid box, video although a little grainy and poor in bad light is acceptable, however whilst the outgoing audio is clear and audible by the other party when I speak, when they speak they get a lot of 'feedback' and echo of their words. It is almost as if there are two mikes with a delay.

FaceTime, direct Skype through PC, MAC and IPad has no such issues it is only when using the Droidbox

Appreciate any assistance / advice as it is really annoying to have the benefits of Skype interrupting only to have unintelligible conversations

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It sounds as though the microphone is too close for the TV speakers (hence the feedback noise), and Skype's Android app doesn't have an echo cancellation feature I can find reference to. That just leaves protecting the Q7's microphone from the speakers. Relocating the Q7 or funnelling noise from the direction you sit in, rather than from all around may also help.
As ever, it is worth making sure via Google's Play Store that Skype is up to date, but in this case I don't think it will help. Just in case - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/googles-play-store-signing-in-and-auto-updates/