Jonathanm

Jul 9, 2016
Just thought I might let some of you know who are might be expats and need a VPN to virtually place your box in a particular country...
I guess I have to be a little careful because it seems 1 supplier of VPN is a fairly large supporter of this web site...
Anyway there is one brand of VPN (VPN One Click) which is NOT supported on Droidbox T-8 Plus. After lots of issues with installation and authorisation I finally got this back from there support staff:
"Android boxes with the last updated don't work well, vpn One click is specific for Android Tablets and Phones."
Quite annoying because in the past i have had good results and I like the fact that you can choose the country where you want to place your computer...

Can anyone recommend a VPN where you can change the country of where you want to virtually place your box?

Thanks,

Jonathan

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi there I joined up with PIA (private Internet access) about 5 wks ago for £20 odd for a year and not had a problem on T8-s Plus.

Last edited:

Jonathanm

Jul 9, 2016
Thanks for the reply....do you have a choice of countries where you can virtually place yiur box?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Loads of choice and can use across 4 different platforms also

Last edited:

Jonathanm

Jul 9, 2016
Yeah tried it but it cannot open, after it is installed - just crashes...pity, looked ok...

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Try uninstalling then reinstall to see if that helps you

Jonathanm

Jul 9, 2016
Thanks...yes tried that + several reboots - thinking of going back to factory default - really don't want to because a lot of config has been done...

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Oh your box crashed? What screen are you left with after reboots?

Jonathanm

Jul 9, 2016
It reboots to the default start page...just the VPN will not start after the installation - I must admit there seem to be a few bugs with my box - thats why I'm thinking of going back to factory default...

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes sounds like a reboot is needed there, should get a maintenance tool ie. Ares or xunity to clean up kodi quite regularly if you don't already have one that is to clear cache, packages and thumbnails. All those 3 weigh kodi down and you will inevitably run into problems without cleaning. Ares currently offline tho, I use an app from the playstore to clean the box up in general also. It's called clean master and is very good for freeing up memory and keeping android running smoothly. Hope this helps you out.

Reactions: David Savage

Jonathanm

Jul 9, 2016
The strange thing is the box is brand new just out of the box! There are lots of things that do not appear stable - eg I had been using LAN - I wanted to try WiFi - the wifi system crashed 3 times before I could get it to connect. I wanted to try the team viewer to try and get some support but that seemed to be doing strange things...VPN 1 click would not work...generally lots of crashes - even in kodi - very very long connection times using UK TV Again (2 - 3 minutes).... sure this is not normal just think I have to go back to factory default and start again. I'll be really pissed if I do this and these things are still happening...

BTW I have been using Clean Master...has not helped as yet...

I'm just waiting on a ticket response from PIA to see if that resolves anything....

Thanks anyway

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Ok hope things sort themselves out with a restore, just on the uktv again issue that isn't the most stable addon around as has only just come back on the scene after uktv now ceased working. Addons in kodi come and go and some are stable, some are unstable. Nothing to do with your box that's just the world of kodi. Good luck

Jonathanm

Jul 9, 2016
Well finally destroyed everything and brought the little box back to factory defaults - after a number of hiccups - its all working now - complete with PIA VPN....Whoopee...just got to get BBC I player working 100% and then we will be ok!

Reactions: ChrisM

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
That's good news, give my build a try from wookie community builds. Bbc iplayer and itv player in there along with the 1 channel that works great.

Reactions: ChrisM