Mum of too

Jun 20, 2015
hi When selecting a movie on genesis I get sound but no picture. When I try to go back I can see the picture behind the streaming options box. I've tried to click outside the options box but it goes blank again. Have looked up advice on forum and tried disabling the hardware acceleration but not worked. Have tried uninstalling then reinstalling kodi but still not working. Can you advise please? Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, that doesn't sound right, go to system and then video and again to Acceleration and make sure decoding method is on hardware accelerated. Then highlight all underneath, then go out of Kodi and this time setting, other, more setting and then storage and scroll down to cache and clear for all apps.
Now go back and try, sometimes if you select a movie and press back up on the remote it still plays, but the streaming options ons are there. Just use the side menu at the left side and at the bottom select fullscreen and it goes away. You can use the right arrow on the keypad to bring it out or an air mouse if you have one. Hope this works for you and good luck.

Dave

roly

Oct 9, 2015
Thanks for getting back and letting me no how you got on.

Dave
hi dave im new to this i got a t8 box few days ago and i have same problem above , i did what it says but when i try to clear cache it doesnt any help will be grateful ,, cheers

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
To clear cache or data go to the two cogs on the main boot up menu, then other which is on your far right then on that page more setting .
If you are having problems with Kodi go to Apps and scroll down to Kodi here you can clear cache for Kodi and if you want to start again like when you got your box, force stop and clear data. Now reboot your box and try again, hope this helps and good luck.

Dave