Bobhaw

Mar 20, 2015
Just tried to set up the Q7 today and can't get by the Driodbox icon and the words (Smart Box). The blue LED light only comes on for a few seconds then goes off, it's the same with the icon appearing on the TV screen.

My wifi is working fine with my laptop, and have also connected the Q7 with Ethernet cable, but still the same. Ethernet working fine with my computer in the bedroom before attaching to Q7.

Tried with the remote supplied and mini keyboard I bought at same time.

Any help really welcome.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi sorry here this, I'm not sure on this box. If its new I no it shouldn't do this, but if its not can you try resetting it. Not sure if on this device if you need a tooth pick, if it is unplug gone power and push the reset hold and plug the power back in you should get a list of options come up clear cache and reboot see what happens. If its still the same you might have to try live chat..this is on our main site. The link is on the front page of this forum, click on it and its the box in the bottom corner saying message. Also half way down on this site is Blog and how to, this might help too. Bad news live chat is only office hours so looks like Monday now. Unless anyone else can help....sorry

Bobhaw

Mar 20, 2015
Hi David, thanks for replying. I manage to find the problem. It was the power adapter were it connects to the USB cable. The USB slot seemed a bit twisted, so the cable wasn't going right in.

I now have a problem with entering the user name and password that is required now.

David.Kitching

Mar 23, 2015
If box is rebooting it may be overheating. I didnt take off the protective stickers and it rebooted over and over. Took them off and its fine

David.Kitching

Mar 23, 2015
Thanks for the rapid reply. I do have another problem with my brand new box, unpacked today. The wifi doesn't work. It sees the available wifi networks and goes through the process of connecting and shows "good signal strength" but the icon in the top right corner does not illuminate and no internet is available. I read something about two types of wifi chips?

Pls advise. Apologies for hijacking the thread.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
It should just find your wifi then you should put your passwords in(sometimes at the end to). To be fare I like a wired connection as I find it more consistent then wifi. Although some people say they get better speeds with wifi, its aways open to debait. Some boxes are 3and 5gb wifi but that depends on you router. I'm not that hot on this so might have to do my research into this. Hope this helps

Last edited:

David.Kitching

Mar 23, 2015
I will set up a wired connection at a later time as it requires cabling etc. Still the wifi doesn't work. Is it necessary for the connection to be secure, with a password as mine does not have a password.
Order #100001739
DroidBOX Q707007554944431

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you got your box from Amazon check your account for an email. If its not there maybe have a look on the Order invoice for an I'd number and if you go to our site (the link is on this forum)scroll down about half way and under Blogs and how to there's info on how to generate one. Check all emails and invoices for this number. Even check for the passwords to you might have over looked. As for your wifi try reset your router then go to android setting and make sure its set to wifi. Dave