Ian Morrison

Jul 22, 2016
My t8-s plus is stuck in openelec and will not go back to android even after unplugging the box.
All I have on screen is a flashing Kodi v15.2 isengard logo.....plz help

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you are not able to get to the return to android button in openelec and you've already tried a full power down then you may need to consider factory reset. Check first if the flashing screen is due to a faulty hdmi lead or connection.

Ian Morrison

Jul 22, 2016
Checked everything is fine and it is. Just done a factory reset but it's still exactly the same.....just stuck

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Sounds like you need to contact droidbox direct for help, doubt there is much more the user forum can do especially if the problem persists after a factory reset. You should be able to contact them via the live chat button on the main page if you hurry.

Report back what the solution is.

Gidwick

Jan 7, 2016
I got stuck within wookie within openelec here's how I got out back to android:

Go to to add ons>programming add ons>openekec configuration>system>switch system>reboot to android.

Should take you back.

Reactions: sean99

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just for the record if you have a skin on in openelec and there are no shortcuts in it to get back to android, go to programs/openelec config and bring up the context menu and add it to your favourites. Then with 3 clicks your back to android (thats if the skin you chose is compatible with O E in the 1st place) Gidwick has that base covered if not.

stylecouncil

Feb 21, 2015
I didnt have that option all i had was a blank blue screen no kodi no menu nothing just a dinging sound from what i assume was kodi somewhere behind the blue blank screen! only way i could get out of above was to remove the hdmi cable and put back then kodi appeared, v strange, but at least got out of open elec.... really cant see the point of open elec!!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Openelec only runs Kodi rather all the stuff that android runs when it starts. So you would get better performance when using Kodi.