Ljwale

Aug 13, 2016
I'm stuck on the reset page after using tooth pick to reset xbmc box and my remote won't move the cursor to restore factory settings or select anything any help

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Does up and down on the stock remote that came with the box work?

Ljwale

Aug 13, 2016
An if I try to put box on normally it gets to the tv add ons logo an sticks it's just keeps flashing it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok lets break this down

1. What droidbox do you have?
2. When the box boots up, what do you see? You refer to a "tvaddons logo" but do you boot into android first?
3. What version of kodi (xbmc) are you running?
4. You say tvaddons logo, have you installed their version of xbmc, known as tvmc?
5. Have you tried changing the batteries on the remote?

Can you provide that background info and then we can move forward.

Ljwale

Aug 13, 2016
Yes I changedthe batteries, the box is an m8s, if I turn the box on normally it gets to tv addons sign and sticks and flashes which is why I used tooth pick to try and just do a factory reset but when I get there the remote won't move the cursor to factory reset clear cache or anything it stays at the top option and and I can't even select that, to my knowledge it's still xbmc and I'm sorry I have no idea which version of kodi it is. I don't know if this helps I was only using addons from fusion and everything was fine but last night I installed the super repo repos because the wife wanted 4od when we got up it just wouldn't load in

Thanks for the help

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. One bit i don't understand is that boxes normally boot into androud first and then from the launcher menu you select kodi (or xbmc previous name for kodi). Are you saying your box boots straight into xbmc (kodi).
I need to know this because i am going to suggest a kodi (xbmc) reinstall as a possible solution instead of a reset but to guide you through that i need to know whether you boot into android first.

Ljwale

Aug 13, 2016
Yes mine flashes up open elec sign then tv addons the future of tv sign comes on then it after that it comes straight on you select videos and your addons come up ie, exodus sports devil etc

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Oh dear. So your box boots straight into openelec. At some point did you flash openelec onto it? Or did you buy it that way? I think you may need to contact your box supplier for help. As an after thought, on the xbmc/kodi on screen exit button, is there a "return to android" option?

Ljwale

Aug 13, 2016
There isn't mate I'm just going to get a new one thanks for your time and help though I appreciate it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I did some googling and found a number of threads where people had problems accessing the recovery menu with their remote after certain roms had been applied.

If you are getting a new box, and are on the Droidbox forum, i will recommend one of their boxes. The t8 series (see main web page) offer dual boot android/openelec boxes so you can choose which to run with.
Plus you will get proper support and a warranty as opposed to what you get from some ebay or no name seller.
And access to an active user forum as you have just seen.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sounds like the boxes storage is full, sometimes if you remove the power and leave it for a few mins can clear this.
If you get it back you need to clear storage using areswizard which has a maintenance tool which can clear packages and tiles from your box. These files fill your box up slowly until errors start. So a good maintenance routine is necessary, clear cache daily and packages weekly. If you use areswizard it has a traffic light symbol to show you..good luck and if you can't get it back then like Nigelar said T8 series is great.

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Dave - i think there is a cache clearance tool somewhere in openelec he could try. Cant remember where, somewhere in programs? If you can remember can you let ljwale know?

Reactions: David Savage