uberNoobZA

Nov 24, 2016
I just got my T8-S plus, and have noticed that Play/pause and Subtitle buttons are not working if I am in LibreELEC. If I run DBMC from the Android boot, then they work fine. How can I get these buttons on the remote working in LibreELEC ?

** EDIT **

In LibreELEC, if I press play/Pause button on the Wireless mini keyboard (from DroidBox), then this works. However, I don't use that in LibreELEC, only when booting to Android. And pressing T on the mini keyboard toggles subtitles. So.... play/pause and subtitles ARE working in LibreELEC, just not when using the DroidBox remote.

How to fix ?

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I just got my T8-S plus, and have noticed that Play/pause and Subtitle buttons are not working if I am in LibreELEC. If I run DBMC from the Android boot, then they work fine. How can I get these buttons on the remote working in LibreELEC ?

** EDIT **

In LibreELEC, if I press play/Pause button on the Wireless mini keyboard (from DroidBox), then this works. However, I don't use that in LibreELEC, only when booting to Android. And pressing T on the mini keyboard toggles subtitles. So.... play/pause and subtitles ARE working in LibreELEC, just not when using the DroidBox remote.

How to fix ?
Hi

Remote itself is made for use with android,not with LibreELEC.This is why we have additional accessories list and upon that the same options can be accessed from the Kodi interface using the cursor icon.We will have this note in mind and see to find workaround regarding this problem.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day ;)

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi

Remote itself is made for use with android,not with LibreELEC.This is why we have additional accessories list and upon that the same options can be accessed from the Kodi interface using the cursor icon.We will have this note in mind and see to find workaround regarding this problem.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day ;)
I found a solution that besides regular Kodi from android could be applied to Libre ELEC too.
Please visit link down below for the install guide
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
Please visit link down below for user guide and comments from the other users
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168767

Regards

uberNoobZA

Nov 24, 2016
"Remote itself is made for use with android,not with LibreELEC.This is why we have additional accessories list"

LOL - ok then. Thanks for that, and the reply.

Keymap only works if LibreELEC recognizes the signal being sent by the remote when you press the key. For the subtitles button, this does not work, as Keymap does not recognize the signal from the remote when I press the remote button for subtitles.
For Play and Pause it IS possible to program with Keymap, as it DOES recognize the signal sent by the remote when I press play / pause. Strange that OpenELEC natively recognizes the play and pause buttons, and I don't have to use Keymap to program them. You'd think that if you're going to sell a product based on it having dualboot LibreELEC, you'd ensure your standard accessories work properly, and if not, put a warning somewhere saying "If you want full functionality of this product, you need to buy a different accessory".

I also tried to use some of the other keys on the remote instead of the subtitle key in Keymap, such as the colour keys, and they ALSO are not recognized by LibreELEC (but are by OpenELEC).

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
"Remote itself is made for use with android,not with LibreELEC.This is why we have additional accessories list"

LOL - ok then. Thanks for that, and the reply.

Keymap only works if LibreELEC recognizes the signal being sent by the remote when you press the key. For the subtitles button, this does not work, as Keymap does not recognize the signal from the remote when I press the remote button for subtitles.
For Play and Pause it IS possible to program with Keymap, as it DOES recognize the signal sent by the remote when I press play / pause. Strange that OpenELEC natively recognizes the play and pause buttons, and I don't have to use Keymap to program them. You'd think that if you're going to sell a product based on it having dualboot LibreELEC, you'd ensure your standard accessories work properly, and if not, put a warning somewhere saying "If you want full functionality of this product, you need to buy a different accessory".

I also tried to use some of the other keys on the remote instead of the subtitle key in Keymap, such as the colour keys, and they ALSO are not recognized by LibreELEC (but are by OpenELEC).
Hi

We did informed our users that we are one of the first to implement LibreELEC and that bugs in this stage are expected.
There will be some workarounds so please stay tuned ,enjoy your box and have a nice day.

Bye

uberNoobZA

Nov 24, 2016
Thanks for the reply.

Just found out last night that fast forward ad rewind (NOT skip ahead or skip back) also is not recognized using default keymaps. Guess I have to program this as well....

I don't suppose there's an option of reverting to a working OpenELEC release ?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

Just found out last night that fast forward ad rewind (NOT skip ahead or skip back) also is not recognized using default keymaps. Guess I have to program this as well....

I don't suppose there's an option of reverting to a working OpenELEC release ?
Hi

There is no this option available at the moment.

Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day.