Iamguyster

Feb 26, 2015
Hi,

I've been struggling with my droidbox recently in that films/shows are always buffering.
I upgraded to fibre which is giving me 38Mb on wifi on my laptop, but only 3-4mb on wifi on my droidbox. I'm also getting 3-4Mb on ethernet on the droidbox (I cabled it up so I would get maximum bandwidth)

I am using the Wookie build suggested on the forum recently.

Can anyone shed any light onto why it won't run with the available bandwidth?

Reactions: barry

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi,

I've been struggling with my droidbox recently in that films/shows are always buffering.
I upgraded to fibre which is giving me 38Mb on wifi on my laptop, but only 3-4mb on wifi on my droidbox. I'm also getting 3-4Mb on ethernet on the droidbox (I cabled it up so I would get maximum bandwidth)

I am using the Wookie build suggested on the forum recently.

Can anyone shed any light onto why it won't run with the available bandwidth?

Hi

Can you please be specific and tell us which add on pack did you installed from wookie and also which add ons you are using???

Regards

Iamguyster

Feb 26, 2015
Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I have actually been working on trying to fix it by factory resetting and starting again..and I've busy as hell lately.

Anyhow, I was talking Megabit. I was using all kinds of add-ons (Genesis, Hulubox, Navi-X etc), but it was even happening with non Kodi apps, so showbox for example.

As it turned out, a full reinstall solved it but I am still none the wiser as to why.

The end result is it seems to be working now, though whilst I'm on the subject of problems, Kodi does take about 6 attempts to start up. I run it and it opens and gets a little further into starting each time until it shows the menu then stops. After a bunch of attempts it works fine. I've got used to it, though if there is a simple fix I'd be delighted.