leejay1975

Jan 24, 2016
hi there after getting my box sorted i wanted to see if there was any updates i went into settings and tried to download new updates it downloaded then gave me error message .. ota error ..
i then went into ota to update and it keeps comming up with md5 error can anyone shed some light plz on this .... many thanks guys

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Check your device Storage on your device, setting, other, more setting and storage see if it has enough for the update. If I remember the T8 only has around 5.35 of storage and can fill up quickly so worth a look. If it's full delete unwanted apps and if your misc file is big then it might be time to clear data in kodi and rerun the wizard.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Sal and ChrisM

leejay1975

Jan 24, 2016
ok done this and its there and cleared cache and still wont update .. i have another box which is v3 and that updates perfect

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can i also ask another question which may be relevant?
Did you buy your box from droidbox? The reason i ask is i don't believe the t8-aml-v3, your other box is supplied by droidbox (dave, can you confirm?).
In which case who knows where your failed ota update is being pulled from. If you can confirm that it will at least help the guys who are trying to address your problem.
Even if it is not a droidbox people can still help. As dave has said "advice is free".