Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi,

I thought I'd post in the correct forum area. I'm happy with my T8 and I feel that I'm just inches away from getting it to do what I need.

I've found a stream that I want to see but keep getting an error with 'World tv XunityTalk.com' can anyone help? Or is there a youtube video I can watch? The box is great but I've got 2 very irate parents (a bit like children) the box gives them loads but they're only interest is in 2 that they can't see.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you let us know the exact sequence of clicks that leads to those streams please? For example, something like:

XBMC>Media Portal>ABC123 Add-on>XYZ987 Section>2013>Episode 1>VK source> error then appears#

That way we can try to replicate the set up and find out what is going wrong.

Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi,

Hopefully I've captured this right:

XMBC>World TV>World TV (world tc XunityTalk.com)>IPTV-XMBC>Spain>[005]Tele 5 it gives an error

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
XBMC>Media Portal>World Tv XunityTalk.com> Shhhhhh Special > IPTV-XBMC > Spain > Free Iptv Spain Premium Channels For > [005]Tele 5 also gives me an error on two different DroidBOX and a Windows install of XBMC, so looks like it is down.

Tv5Monde is not the same as Tele 5?
Telecinco?
Found those two working from other areas of World Tv XunityTalk.com.

Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi Thanks,

I had hoped that Tele 5 was Telecinco but not managed to get either to work on the path above...

I've also not managed to install the app from playstore as it said incompatible....

Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi,

Something interesting has happened on still trying to watch Spanish tv, I went to:

XBMC>Media Portal>World Tv XunityTalk.com> Shhhhhh Special >

Instead of going into further menu's I notice that at the bottom of the screen (now moved a few more down) was [005] Tele 5 so I thought it should be Tele Cinco it didn't give any errors seemed to load then there was ALOT of buffering, but then Tele cinco appeared! However, it then started buffering again and again. So question are there any tools tweaks that anyone knows on Xunity that work to resolve the buffering? As that would solve the problem for me...

If anyone knows there Tele cinco/Tele 5 works that would be amazing...

Also (thanks to another forum threa) found tvalacarta addon which has Spanish channels (especially mitele the Tele cinco playstore add-on) the question I have is can you for instance change the icons that appear on the XMBC skin and under World Tv say Punjabi Tv and put the Tvalacarta icon there in it's place, it would just help my parents out making it simpler...

Hey and thanks everyone so far, I keep getting within inches of being able to hand this to my parents...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Right, to tweak settings that may help with mid-stream buffering, read up the Wiki entry for http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache . If you've ever edited a plain text file on your PC, then take that Wiki one step at a time, and you'll find it easy to experiment. If not, grab me on the Live Chat function (office hours Mon-Fri, bottom right of http://DroidBOX.co.uk ) and I'll run you through how to modify the XML file manually.
I've got one of your replies to a thread still open somewhere I think, issues with downloading an application from the Play Store due to "incompatibility". If you don't get a reply in 18 hours there, can you reply again please? I suspect the APK will work, I just need to grab it and upload it somewhere for you to download from.
Regarding altering the specific streams/collections/add-ons that have a shortcut in XBMC, head to:
XBMC>System>Appearance>Skin>Settings>
now depending whether you want to alter an entire menu, or just an entry within it, experiment with the 2nd, 3rd and 4th entries on the left (Home Menu buttons, Submenu items and Add-on shortcuts).

Reactions: Ding

Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for the repley, I'll have to get the box back off my parents and then I'll give what you said a go, thanks, I'll let you know although it could take me a few days...

Reactions: ChrisM

Ding

Jan 8, 2015
I still haven't done this, but will soon, as I need to somehow download the mitele Telecinco add on that you found for me... it refused to add on via the playstore as tried again....