Grim

Nov 8, 2014
When attempting to update my T8-S, the OTA updater just threw errors. Rushing to get this done I just looked for a manual download for the firmware on the blog post/guide and flashed that, not noticing that it was for the T8, to be honest I didn't notice the difference until I went to switch to OpenELEC and realised that the app was missing to switch.

I've contacted support but seems that the only option they wanted to offer here is to send the box back to be re-flashed. Now fair enough I accept responsibility for flashing incorrectly, but sending it back to be flashed and then returned is an inconvenience for both me and you folks at DroidBox. Is there any way I can just get a download link for the T8-S firmware please?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
When attempting to update my T8-S, the OTA updater just threw errors. Rushing to get this done I just looked for a manual download for the firmware on the blog post/guide and flashed that, not noticing that it was for the T8, to be honest I didn't notice the difference until I went to switch to OpenELEC and realised that the app was missing to switch.

I've contacted support but seems that the only option they wanted to offer here is to send the box back to be re-flashed. Now fair enough I accept responsibility for flashing incorrectly, but sending it back to be flashed and then returned is an inconvenience for both me and you folks at DroidBox. Is there any way I can just get a download link for the T8-S firmware please?
Hi

Something like that is not possible at the moment due to technical difficulties.

We always tend to provide best solutions for our customers,and in terms of flashing wrong firmware on T8-S this is best that we can do.

We are here to provide best experience for our users and if you have more questions,feel free to reply.

Regards

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Mine too, went back Tuesday and hoping for some news soon. A download link would really have helped I suspect, as an OAP, £4-30 - the cost of return - is a fair chunk of money. Still ----------------------

Regards.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Those who have flashed their t8-s boxes with T8 firmware the only way to get back the T8-S firmware is by sending the boxes back to droidbox after getting confirmation from [email protected]

Milamber

Aug 14, 2015
Yes I did, because of the "no access to Google Play". It was returned and has been successfully integrated into my home system as the primary box. It took a few days, but this was likely due to the recent holiday period. Regards.