stana

Feb 2, 2015
Any chance that Droidbox will post a link for the new firmware update rather than having to send the box back. Droidsticks allow anybody to download their firmware. I know Droidbox don't want their firmware to go to anybody so an OTA firmware download could be the answer for Droidbox owners only.
I hope this could be done as the cost and time without the box could be avoided.
Regards stana

Reactions: sean99

andy w

Dec 7, 2014
I've been thinking the same lately I know they stopped supplying the firmware because people were using the wizard but now its passworded so shouldn't be a problem anymore

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Waiting to hear back. I don't make many policies at DroidBOX, so want to make sure I've got correct and up to date info. This thread wasn't being ignored, just wanted to get reply from upon high first.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, official word is:

Only in the office for firmware flashes. Procedure will be done for free, postage to us and from us back to you needs to be covered, the second part will be around £3.

Reactions: Sal

stana

Feb 2, 2015
Just thought it would stop people from flashing custom firmware that's made from port old firmware. If I flash the latest droisticks T8 firmware can I still use the droidbox wizard.
Regards
Stana

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you have your order details then we can e-mail the details to install the Wizard on a different firmware, yes.
Please be careful with firmware from other companies, especially whilst your warranty is still valid, as any issues arising from flashing 3rd party images won't be covered.

Reactions: stana

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
It's a pitty that the update cannot be done by a link and only by sending it back to Droidbox. When you're living abroad, the postagecost (there and back) is not cheap :(

Liz&Bill

Feb 26, 2015
It's a pitty that the update cannot be done by a link and only by sending it back to Droidbox. When you're living abroad, the postagecost (there and back) is not cheap :(
Hi EricB,
We totally agree, postage costs living abroad are high and not much guarantee of safe delivery. Our Community on the Costa del Sol, has just installed a community wide internet system and up to now 4 of us have purchased DroidBox T8's. The most recent has the new android interface and the rest of us would like to update....