trubluru

Dec 28, 2016
Hello i have a T8 box model K200 android version 4.4.2 SPMC thats all i know it was from juggling frogs and it has basically reset to a very basic box, i tried to install Kodi and went through all the procedures but in the end it would only ever revert to the basic box.

Can anyone please tell me if its possible to wip this box clean and then install Kodi.

I am very new to this and not very techy so any help is appreciated especially if its idiot proof,

many thanks for any help
Trubluru

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hello

To be clear, can you tell us a little more about what a "basic box" looks like?
What do you mean when you say that?

Are you downloading Kodi from Google play for example?

As this is a Droidbox forum our knowledge of "jumping frog" machines may be limited. Still we can all try our best to help you (I guess "jumping frogs" don't have a support forum).

You should be able to reset the box though. Droidbox has a procedure for their T8 boxes and I suspect it will be similar for your box.

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/accessing-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/

Btw you don't need t0 multiple post - it will only cause confusion if people start replying to your posts separately.

trubluru

Dec 28, 2016
Im sorry but i wasnt sure where to put it so it was in the correct section, can i delete the other ones?
The skin has changed but so has the menu now i have sections for pictures/video/family/virgin/music/programs/system
this is different to what i had ive lost my sports and film addons, basically everything decen has gone.

Juggling frogs had a forum but i believe the guy did the dirty on everyone and cut and ran, hey ho hence why i would like to start afresh and download kodi and hopefully be able to learn as i go how to look after my own box.

I dont want to back up to an old version of juggling frogs spmc i want to start out again hopefully with the box i have
Thank you for your swift reply :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok
From your description it sounds like Kodi has reverted to a basic state not the box itself.
It also sounds like you had a build running before where someone had packaged the Addons into, well, a "build".

It is possible all the Addons are still there under the menu bar items. So check that first.

At any rate, this is what you can do if you want to start afresh.

Your first decision is whether you want to continue using spmc (a version of Kodi especially tuned for android boxes) or vanilla Kodi. I would suggest Kodi for now as the latest version of spmc requires android 5 or later. Go to google play and grab the latest version of Kodi (16.1). This will be a separate icon to spmc.

Now assuming you want to run another build (by your own admission you are new to this I would not propose setting up Addons manually), I would load the "wookie wizard" and select one of the builds from there such as wookie lite or Sean's build.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

Good luck.

trubluru

Dec 28, 2016
Thank you so much for your advice, the addons have disappeared as they arent under the menu bar items or in the see addons section.
I will defo try to install the kodi, do i do this after a factory reset (yes i assume) can i download straight onto the box using the boxes browser to go on the kodi site, that is what i tried before.
The wookie wizzard sounds like it was made for me lol

thank you again

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You may not need to reset the box. That may be a last resort but not needed yet. Let's see how it goes.

With regards to Kodi, I've suggested above that you get it from Google play store. You will need to set up an account to get stuff from Google play. Should take you through the process when you click on the icon. I always skip the enter credit card details page. The play store app is usually preinstalled on nearly every android box.

You can download to your browser from the Kodi tv site as an alternative. You need to ensure you pick the right version (arm processor, version 16.1 not 17 beta). It will download to a folder called "downloads" on your box ( it may already be there from your previous attempt). Use a file manager like the default one on most android boxes or Es file explorer from Google play store to navigate there. Then click on the .apk file to complete the install.

You may prefer the far simpler Google play solution I have proposed.

trubluru

Dec 28, 2016
When all is done do i have to create a backup for this, i dont want to turn the box off then on to find i have nothing, will this default to its setting as of being installed?
cheers

Just downloaded wookie and opened up and now i am back to where i was when i first got the box, i think this must be protected in some way as i cant find wookie anywhere

Just went into the install by zip and wookie is nowhere to be seen :eek:

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Having trouble following what you have done.

You say you have "just downloaded wookie and opened up"
Opened up what? How?

Please also check this.
Go back into system - file manager
Locate the wookie entry.

Highlight it and press the menu button on whatever remote you have, then select edit source.
Make a note of exactly the URL you have typed and put it in your reply.

trubluru

Dec 28, 2016
Yes i had wookie open up its download page and i selected my version and downloaded it.

I have found kodi in my apps section, now i can use my old version or this wookie, superb as my old one has sports devil on it which i need for football.

gonna play around with things today and hopefully learn a wee bit on these

thank you mate youve been very helpful