canucksedge

Aug 1, 2016
I got my T8 Mini 2 days ago. I think the box is great. However I have an issue with the Updates app. When I open the app it says no updates available, tap to check manually. When I do this I get, error fetching update info:Invalid ROM ID (Droidbox -T8-mini)! I contacted Droidbox they told me this is due to the fact that my device was only launched a month ago, and there weren't any updates available. Also when I try to update via the settings app it doesn't work either. Can anyone help please?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
That's because it's up to date, also you update in the OTA updater. This message is what you get if it's already done.
So don't worry and enjoy your box, I would recommend going to droidboxs main site and blogs to check for future updates. As this box is new it will be some time..

Reactions: canucksedge

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Yes, I've got this box and not had any updates yet. When you go in to it, it will normally tell you if there's an update or not. If you check and there isn't one you get an error message. Nothing to worry about.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Currently droidbox have not advertised a marshmallow (android 6) release. I don't even think it is under testing. And it will need to be proved compatible with the current series of amlogic processors. As far as I know, very few android boxes have 6 so far. If and when it is available it might be via OTA although typically major upgrades like this are often via the sd card or external like a PC. Think we will have to wait and see.