Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
HI everyone,
I've been onto FB Messages to Droidbox regarding OTA update for T8 Mini. I was told no date yet. So they told me to click link and then download update and follow instructions as it is stable!!!!
On the instructions it states after installation - Wipe Data/Factory Reset option. I really don't want to wipe anything at all as I have my LE side of things running nice and all the settings are spot on.
Do I really have to do this??????
Hope someone can enlighten me.
Regards
Dave

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
As mentioned on Facebook, we recommend clearing the data for it after any upgrade as some settings may be wrong. You are welcome to not do the wipe, try the new version and if there are any issues then do a wipe.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thank you Ill try that. Is there any special SD Card I need to use such as Make and size? and please will you advise me on what format to use with it.
Thank you for your messages.
Im going to wipe data and install all my add ons clean.
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thank you Dave C. Can I ask if there is an update for users to download and install then would this not be able to be implemented and pushed out for OTA update to users of T8 Mini?
Or is this not an option?
Thanks for all your advice.
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Well, I downloaded the latest and probably the last update for T8Mini. Kodi 17.6 and LE 8.2.
Installed and did not wipe clean as suggested, but kept all my info details and addons etc.
Running Perfect!!!! Thanks for all the help.
At least now I know its running and no problems - meaning If I do decide to install and clear/wipe data - I will have a cleaner slinkier running machine as I have felt its faster and slicker.
Thanks again
Dave