Status
Not open for further replies.

RickDroid

Oct 16, 2016
2b84c8c13165709ce81e45c4cb8c824b.jpg

Over the past month or so my T8 plus keeps rebooting itself - also it takes several attempts to get into Kodi or dbmc (I click on it, but it either hangs or goes back to home screen). Since doing a hard reset, I'm now getting the blue island picture. I've seen similar threads and what to do (hard reset and waiting 20m before re booting. But still having the same issues if not worse now with the blue screen now appearing and rebooting more.

I'm running at the following specs :-

T8s plus ver 5.1.1

Kodi 17.0

DBMC ver 16.6.0

Libreelec is still 17.0.3 with Jarvis
Kodi 16.1

If anyone can help, it would be awesome, I'm close to taking a hammer to my box :()

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
After the resets, are you installing the DroidBOX PLAY Market? If so, please reset again and don't install this app. Our DroidBOX Market (no Play) now has a games section instead.
If you don't install this application, would you mind running us through what you normally configure/install on the device after the reset please?

RickDroid

Oct 16, 2016
Hi Chris,

No I'm not installing play market - usually I'm putting a build on there and using it to watch movies - if I click on kodi or dbmc it takes a few attempts to enter the app - now I'm just using kodi - it still keeps re booting itself.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Uninstall Kodi via the Play Store, then install it from there once the process completes. If this helps, try uninstalling DBMC and reinstalling it from the DroidBOX Market app please. If you get a moment, could you let us know if this makes any difference?

RickDroid

Oct 16, 2016
Hi Chris,

after Uninstallibg kodi through Google play and the same with DBMC - and re installing, I'm still having the same issue with my box constantly re booting and not opening kodi when clicking on it (taking several attempts)

also not had the blue island screen yet.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, with both rebooting and Kodi not opening when clicked, can you clear Kodi's data and install JUST one or two video add-ons manually (for now). Via an add-on installer like the TV Addons one is OK, just not a Wizard or build please. If this is stable (Kodi itself and rebooting), and you want to continue using a build/wizard (if you are right now), time to try a different one.

I also should have checked already, my apologies, have you checked for any updates in the OTA Updates application?
If not, and not done before,
Can you select the option to install and factory reset if offered. First boot up after the update, leave alone (or at least don't reboot/turn off/switch to LibreELEC) for 15 minutes.

RickDroid

Oct 16, 2016
OTA I check daily - thinking it might fix my box! As with builds, I'm using ares wizard for Apollo build - before that I had the Beast, then Mammoth before that and it rebooted the same on all builds.

RickDroid

Oct 16, 2016
Hi,

I've just wiped kodi and DBMC - but my box is still rebooting and when I'm clicking on an icon (DBMC) it looks like it's loading then either bring me back to home screen or just hangs until I press the home button. I have no addons or builds.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@RickDroid Can you pop over to our live chat widget on the main site please? If you could have your order ID and a link to this thread, I'd like to see if a manual flash resolves the issue. If you won't be able to come to the site during office hours, can you drop me an email ( [email protected] ) with your order ID and again a link to this thread.

Tobi

Oct 21, 2016
Hi Chris,

No I'm not installing play market - usually I'm putting a build on there and using it to watch movies - if I click on kodi or dbmc it takes a few attempts to enter the app - now I'm just using kodi - it still keeps re booting itself.

Have got ts8 plus and am having same issues as u having with your ts8 mine if I clike on dbmc its restart I have to clike so many times before its work even on kodi and after my build load it's goes blank I have to off and on couple of times for it work. And mine doesn't even connect to WiFi I just sent it back to. Driodbox yesterday

Sent from my SM-G935F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.