browney

Jan 17, 2015
Hi,

I've had my box since January and now I'm starting to get issues, the main issue is that I'll turn my box on to find its gone back to fresh out the box state again. This is now happening daily. IMG-20150323-WA0001.jpg

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
  1. Hi shouldn't be doing this, when you turn it of do you power off or leave it in standby. If you power off this could cause this, if not then set up xbmc as you would, then leave go to another app. Then go back to xbmc to see if its ok again. Then leave it in standby for a bit then try again. When you did the wizard at the end did you unplug the power cable as this installs everything to your box. Hope this helps

Last edited:

browney

Jan 17, 2015
Hi,

I leave the box in standby when I'm not using it.

I unplugged the power as the wizard blog tells you to do.

browney

Jan 17, 2015
I've also noticed that for example I'll be watching a film and the buttons on the remote stop working for example the info button, it doesn't seem like a remote control issue but more of a box issue.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
May be time to call Live chat, it shouldn't not be doing this. When you next install the wizard can you a go to android apps in the settings, look for xbmc and clear data then wait for it to get to 0. Then go back to main page wait abit then open xbmc and start again. If you've done this sorry just trying to help, live chat is office hour so might not be there now but try 2moz. Good luck and hope you get sorted.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi,how have you got on. Hope you got sorted....these boxes can be powered off I find they start playing up if you turn the router off while its still in standby, but that's been my personal experience of these boxes. I leave mine in standby most time but if I go away on hols then I power off aways the box first, its all down to the individual.

browney

Jan 17, 2015
Update:-

I spoke to Andrew who said to follow the Recovery mode factory reset guide.

It seems to have sorted my problem out.