ChrisN

Mar 24, 2015
Hi everyone, apologies if this going over old ground here but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
I have a T8 and running it on an LG 55LB650V - HDMi auto detection on the T8 is coming back with 1080--50hz.

My problem is that the TV (using the T8 only) is flickering/pulsing every 30 seconds - I'm on the verge of launching it out my apartment. Does anyone have any suggestions? is there some quick fix that I have completely missed. I have manually set the HDMI Output mode to other settings but nothing is stopping the flickering to the black screen.

Thanks in advance

azabhoy

Jan 14, 2015
I tried going to System and Video Settings. Enabled all Acceleration settings and audio and video became stable. Hope this helps

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try going to android settings and under picture setting try setting the out put to 1080 60 hz. See if that helps, also check power plug is pushed all the way in. And when you ran the wizard did you unplug the power. As this helps install everything. Dave

ChrisN

Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys,

LG are saying that it will be the quality of the HDMI cable that came with the droid. When I downgrade the picture quality, the blinking doesn't stop, but then only happens every 5 minutes rather than every 30 secs...will try a different cable today and see how we go

ChrisN

Mar 24, 2015
Update - bought a new cable, still got the problem. A search online does bring up similar complaints so I'm guessing it's something to do with the TV.
Strange though as my PS4 works Ok...

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Have you changing the refresh rate in setting on your box, on main I have set to 1080 60hz, or even 1080 25 hz. It's worth a go, this can cause screen flicker too.
LG won't say its there tv

ChrisN

Mar 24, 2015
Tried everything to no avail, tested box on my mates samsung and low and behold it worked...change of TV on the cards

stana

Feb 2, 2015
Hi I have the same problem with my T8 box and LG55UB850v TV.
I have a M8 TV box and that works fine with the TV.
The T8 box is very unstable at any of the 4K settings.
I have tried a lot of different hdmi cables including an expensive hemi 2.0 cable
But can't get rid of the flickering.
The boxes may need a firmware update.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Does your box run at 1080p ok and is your fault just on 4k only. It wound be nice if you could try it on another tv to see if its the box....but do you have a spare 4k tv hanging round.
Might be worth checking the tvs instuctions to see what setting for ultraHD it can take.

stana

Feb 2, 2015
Could only afford one 4K TV sorry. It works ok on 1080P just flickers about every 10mins or so.
4k is unwatchable . I have brought this up to Silently Screaming

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I was joking.....bout tv. Have you checked the refresh rate in xbmc I find 60hz works for my Panasonic, try the others in setting, also in
System then Video have a look at the setting
Refresh rate to match tv is set to Aways.
Out of xbmc go setting in android and picture look at the refresh rate there is set the same. Again try each one, look to see what your tv will except. Good luck SS is very good at sorting these probs out.

stana

Feb 2, 2015
I have tried all the settings and find that 1080p works best with the T8. I have a ENY M8box that works perfectly in 4K.
That's why I think it is a firmware issue with 4K.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
stana, haven't got to my PMs yet, but can you send me a message, I'd like to test something if you have the time. Responses may be delayed, I apologize in advance. I finished work at 6pm today, and I'm back on Monday.