Henners_

Apr 26, 2018
Looking for some help with the T8-S, wondering if it’s possible to wipe the box altogether and reinstall the operating system?
Bought one of these a couple years ago and all was working well until the Wi-fi stopped working. The box just wouldn’t find any Wi-fi networks. I tried all the recommended fixes, factory reset etc without success.
At the time it wasn’t a problem as my router was right next to the tv so just went with a wired connection, all worked fine. Have recently moved house and the router is nowhere near the tv so a wired connection is out of the question.
Only thing I was thinking could put it right is removing and reinstalling the whole operating system but have no idea if this would work or where to start with this.
If anyone has any advice or guides on this it would be appreciated.
Cheers

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Theres a link to the t8s plus (version 1) original firmware here along with installation instructions. That will totally refresh your machine. Of course the assumption is that your wifi problem is software related. It could be a fault on whatever piece of hardware makes wifi work.
https://droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-t8-s-plus-v1-devices.10001/

I don't know if the download link is still valid though. If the files are not there contact droidbox direct.
Note the warning about ensuring you have the right box.
Also be very aware (re) installing firmware can potentially brick your machine if something goes wrong.
Good luck.

Henners_

Apr 26, 2018
Nigelar, thanks for the advice and the link, never thought about it being a hardware problem rather than software. I’m not too worried about bricking the box, bought an Nvidia Shield for the living room as I lost some confidence in Droidbox but it will be ideal for a bedroom if I can get it working.

Anything is worth a try.

Thanks again

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I had a shield for a day, took it back for a refund the day after as was not impressed in the slightest. Didnt get near the T8s plus V1 dualboot had been using for the past few years. Libreelec is a solid system #dontbelievethehype

Henners_

Apr 26, 2018
I had a shield for a day, took it back for a refund the day after as was not impressed in the slightest. Didnt get near the T8s plus V1 dualboot had been using for the past few years. Libreelec is a solid system #dontbelievethehype

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve found the Droidbox a great piece of kit, I just hadn’t had it long when the Wi-fi failed so it put me off buying another.

I’ve found the Shield excellent so far.