djob

Feb 2, 2017
Hi
T8 S is connected to Sony Bravia via HDMI. When I turn the TV off (leaving the T8 on) and then switch back on, the T8 shuts down. This is a recent thing. The T8 is in the same place, connected to the same TV for a year.

Any thoughts anyone?

Many thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If this is in Android, Click the Settings cog on the homepage, look for CEC, try disabling it (assuming it is turned on).

If this is in LibreELEC, I think it comes under System>Settings>System>Input>(forgotten last step, don't think there are many items here, try clicking them all :) )

djob

Feb 2, 2017
Hi Chris
This is in Android.

CEC was already off. I turned it on and then off again for the hell of it. If I then turned off the TV when on a different source to the T8 and turned TV on again, it would change to the T8 TV source.

I rebooted the T8 and I am now back to my original post :(

With the T8 turned on and on a different TV source, changing to the T8 HDMI source shuts it down.

djob

Feb 2, 2017
Thank you for the link Angela

Unfortunately the tips there have not worked. The T8 still shuts down when the TV is turned on. As mentioned this is a new issue. The box has been in situ for a year working fine. Nothing else in the immediate environment has changed.

Anymore ideas Chris?

Thank you