Surfingkid

Jul 4, 2015
Hello guys i've bought my T8-S a week ago it work fine for one week came home last night switch the box on and its stock in the start up mode , can anyone help me to get it back up and running please .

thanks.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, power it off and press and hold the restore button on the side(by the USB ports), now power on holding this button in.
Now the recovery menu should come up, just clear cache and reboot and I hope it should be ok now. Good luck

Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok strange, the only other thing is a factory reset, do the restore button, but this time select the factory reset.
Normally clear cache sorts it, but a factory reset will set it back to when you got it. You will have to run the wizard again, and any apps you down loaded.
If you are not happy doing it then use the live chat function on Monday as the tech guys can help you (office hour only).
Hope this helps you.

Dave

Surfingkid

Jul 4, 2015
image.jpg
It's just not giving me any options when pressing the restore button , here is a photo of what I'm seeing on the TV screen .

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok, sorry to here this. Normally power off hold the button in and still holding it, power on. Keep holding until the recovery menu comes up. Now like I said in my 1st post only clear cache then reboot your box. Some times it can be hit and miss getting the recovery menu up so keep trying.
If you still can't get it I would use the live chat function on the main site, the link is in the front page of this forum. Then its the greenish box in the bottom right corner with Chat or Message in.
Normally only office hours Monday to Friday, but you can always give it ago.
Last thing a factory reset should be the last thing you do if clearing cache doesn't work.
Good luck

Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you haven't already, can you contact us on [email protected] please? If you include the information mentioned here - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ and a link to this thread, that should stop our staff from asking you to repeat anything over again.
If it can't be corrected in our office (quite often we receive units back where Android's Recovery Menu does appear, but customers hadn't realized how long it needed to be held down for etc) then we'll sort out a replacement. Sorry you've had this experience with our hardware, and hopefully we'll get it all sorted soon.