BRS

Oct 11, 2015
Lincolnshire
I can't find an existing thread relating to my problem, though the terminology may be different.
I'm brand new to DroidBOX and most computer stuff, so I'm probably not doing something that is obvious to most people. I installed a 1TB HDD as per the youtube video, to my new T8-S, which I felt was quite straight forward, but I can't get the box to recognise that it's installed. Is it automatically found or do I need to do something, like format it ? It's unused. The only thing I can think of is that it's a Seagate hybrid laptop SSHD, part solid state and part conventional HDD. I've put a pen drive into one of the USB slots and the box can see that ok.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you gone to OpenElec and formatted it...
Go to OpenElec and let it load, then go to system, underneath you will see OpenElec click here. On the 1st page near the bottom you can format your HDD. After this it should be seen, go to system and underneath again but go to system info click here. Now on this menu 2nd down( click) and here you can see if it been installed as it will show you the memory left on your drive (sd1).
Now go back to Android and go to the Apps menu and click on ES file explorer and on the side menu click on Local, it should expand, now it should have your HDD here to sd1 it should be called. It now should be able to be used in both android and OpenElec. Good luck

Reactions: ChrisM