Baz B

Apr 5, 2015
Hello everyone,

I've just received my new T8 but it wont pick up my 5g wifi signal, its 2mt from my VM router so its not range.Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Hello everyone,

I've just received my new T8 but it wont pick up my 5g wifi signal, its 2mt from my VM router so its not range.Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.
You have done all the usuals ?
Gone into settings set it to wifi not ethernet , if its that close have you tried it with ethernet cable to see if it works wired ?

Reactions: Baz B

Baz B

Apr 5, 2015
Thanks for the reply, I have an excellent signal over 2g wifi but I should be able to pick up the 5g signal for better speed. All my other devices pick up the 5g signal. On all my other devices my dl speed is 30mps but the T8 is only getting 17mps, any suggestions?

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, wifi is not the T8s strength, check the reviews. As for 5g I was the same when I got mine, and on 2g I was only getting 8mbs. So I'm wired now and getting 12 to 14, witch for full HD and 5.1 is fine. Have you tried changing channels on your router, that may help...but the way I look at it is as long as it does not effect your viewing pleasure, does it matter. Enjoy and a Happy Easter to you to.

Reactions: Baz B

Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
I had the same problem after I messed about with my virgin media 5g channels.
So I returned the 5g channel to what it was on originally and it showed my 5g again.
Although like someone else said.....the T8's wifi isn't great......on my 152mb connection, I've only ever managed to get about 41 Mbps.......but it usually sits around 30-35.

Hope this helps

Reactions: David Savage