Bambam

Jul 30, 2015
The t8s is turning into a bit of a joke now... Cache is cleared regularly, bulk of apps have been deleted and have been using open elec only with limited repos and add ons! Heard the old "must be out of data" talk previous so cleared the box to bare basics yet my memory is again full having not downloaded a single thing! Its beginning to turn into a joke now... How can memory be full with no downloads or adds of any kind? There was 1.5gb free after removing kodi from android yet it has vanished! End up sticking a lump hammer through this box at this rate. Any ideas where space has vanished?

Pauladev

Oct 1, 2014
Does this result in constant freezing and extremely slow buffering when streaming episodes and movies? If so I have the same problem but with M8 and Gotham. Funny it doesn't happen so much with live TV streaming. I only use SD downloads when trying to watch streamed episodes from Go TV or Go Movies.

Bambam

Jul 30, 2015
Not at all mate! Managed to fix things reset open elec and installed wookie! All of a sudden i got 4gig free!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If anyone else comes across this thread and has similar issues, open the list of installed Android Apps on your device (normally a circle with six dots, My Apps, Apps or All Apps), then open ES File Explorer.
From here, cancel the update request and click OK three or four times to close the guide.
Now expand the TOOLS menu on the left, and click the SD Card Analyst entry.
As you click through the folders presented, you'll find which areas are taking up the most space. The temp folder in Kodi/DBMC is often one location large files are lurking.

Reactions: David Savage