Sham

Apr 4, 2016
Hi, wondering if someone could shed some light on this, I have a T8s, previously running The Beast with Kodi 15 (I think). I would always turn the power off at night, turn back on and all would be fine.

I had to update, issues with the new Beast, so I did a factory reset, OTA update for Kodi now on 16.1 RC2, I installed Wookie Retro Version direct from website, works fine until...

I exit Wookie and power down correctly, turn the mains off.

When I turn the box back on, start Kodi, the first Wookie page loads, but then I get a page with no skin, as if Wookie is not installed, I search and there are traces of Wookie, not even a reboot works.

It would appear, Wookie gets corrupt with a power down and reboot ?.

Any ideas please, thanks in advance Regards

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think maybe a rerun of the wookie is the first option.
Certainly it is not the general pattern that wookie gets corrupted on a power down. Are you exiting from kodi correctly i.e. via the exit button?

Sham

Apr 4, 2016
Hi Nigelar

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I am exiting Kodi via the Icon on the bottom left of screen, then once on the home menu, I use the off button on the remote.

I have reloaded Wookie just now, factory erase / reset first, will see how she behaves.

Maybe might have to downgrade the Kodi Version ?,
Maybe might try to load Wookie Lite, although I thought this box should be able to handle the Retro version.

Will give it a go and report back on how things go. Once again thanks for your kind input. Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Nigelar

Sham

Apr 4, 2016
Dear Admin Silently Screaming, apologies for the delay in my response.

Total Storage 12.34 gb. available is. 10.94 gb.
Wookie Retro has been reinstalled, I have now been shutting down Wookie from the bottom left of the screen, for newbies, it may seem like it's hanging, but it's not, it will then exit to the the Main screen then power off the box using your remote.

I have had no similar Wookie loading issues since, Wookie loads perfectly every time. Just for newbies like myself, there appears to be virtually no buffering, however experts here can elaborate further, buffering ? it maybe a case of the link stream speed ? Or storage allocated for buffering ?

I appreciate that this is a separate question from the original, however can anyone advise if I were to add a USB stick to this box, could I use and configure it for buffering ?, if so what type of USB and how do I go about using it. Please be advised, I do like tinkering about with things, within reason and just generally learning bits and bobs, if anyone can suggest any other features of interest, please share, as stated box is up and running perfect and huge thanks to all that have helped so far, thank you Gentleman

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The number 1 cause of buffering is contention on the servers where the source film or stream is stored.
Other causes may be low broadband speed (on hd streams less than say 8mbs per second) and a low powered machine where the processor cannot resolve the image (unlikely to be an issue with t8 type machines).
So there isnt that much you as a user can do.
For films, pausing the film for a few minutes sometimes helps as the box "reads ahead".
Regular maintenance may also help, clearing cache and so on.

Reactions: ChrisM

Sham

Apr 4, 2016
Nigelar, thank you you are are star quick response and easy to understand for us newbies, Just for the record I do Google for information but sometimes the explanations are not so clear or there is conflict !, As you have stated Clearing Cache does indeed help, I do it every time I restart the box. I sincely thank you again for your help and anticipate this post and the clear cut answers given by the members helps other, credit to the contributing members tho !

Reactions: Nigelar

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Hi, wondering if someone could shed some light on this, I have a T8s, previously running The Beast with Kodi 15 (I think). I would always turn the power off at night, turn back on and all would be fine.

I had to update, issues with the new Beast, so I did a factory reset, OTA update for Kodi now on 16.1 RC2, I installed Wookie Retro Version direct from website, works fine until...

I exit Wookie and power down correctly, turn the mains off.

When I turn the box back on, start Kodi, the first Wookie page loads, but then I get a page with no skin, as if Wookie is not installed, I search and there are traces of Wookie, not even a reboot works.

It would appear, Wookie gets corrupt with a power down and reboot ?.

Any ideas please, thanks in advance Regards

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Have you tried to uninstall all older versions of kodi if you are running the latest version of Kodi 16.1 go into your settings and uninstall any other versions of kodi then rerun the wookie

Sham

Apr 4, 2016
Hi Dwinger,

Thank you for your input, I'm all sorted now, Wookie is running smoothly.

Thank you

Reactions: ChrisM