Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Hi OTA showing rom update (DBX T8-s Ota) version 3,
What do I gain by this and is it safe to do via OTA Updater thx.

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Changes to the main screen. Updated Sbmc/kodi. Cosmetic so far. No issues yet touch wood. Working a treat!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
I think when doing an OTA update it's like a factory reset,everything has to be re-installed.

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
I had two options, wipe data and wipe cache, think that's what they were called. I chose to wipe data so as to give the box that brand new feeling.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Yes it is safe to do via OTA updater and you can check the changelog and see whats new.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
I like the new update and no issues so far.
I did a clean install .... wiped cache and data .

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
with the T8s I have always cleared data and re-installed everything,
Can I just clear cache run OTA and keep all my apps I have installed?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
In most cases the firmware update will wipe the box and replace with a new set of default apps. You could do a backup and then a restore after the update i suppose.

Estwing

Feb 1, 2015
Hi Nigelar, yes I thought that then saw this on an email from Droidbox about updating via OTA,
I've copied this (You'll find that there is no need to carry out a reset of the device after this update. Your applications and their settings will stay in place.) might be misunderstanding the meaning of this.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi estwing. Forum has been down so late in replying. I think the answer depends on the nature and content of the release. If it is minor maintenance then it probably does not affect your setup (i guess this is the case you are referring to), if it is major e.g. a new version of the launcher, new kodi etc then it probably will involve a clean sweep.

Last edited:

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Look for the program add on section in wookie, then select openelec settings in the top part of the new screen press right then scroll down to reboot to android.

Reactions: ChrisM and Nigelar

robit

Jun 6, 2015
As this thread is to do with updates I must say that in my eyes the home page not changed for the better.
Can't start kodi from the home page only from favourites.
Quick support icon doesn't work (works fine from the apps)
The three dials is a waste of space under favourites. Do we need to see what happens when one click the circle?
Just my two pence worth…
Best regards,

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi robit.
I moved away from the default home page more than 12 months ago and created my own using nova launcher from google play. Try it and see. I posted something about it a week or so ago.

Reactions: robit

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Hi Nigelr,

I think I will just do that. I have file called Droidbox Tips and your instruction on how to do it already there, so will follow that. You posted a picture if it too which I can't find right now.

Thanks for all your post, I read every one of them.

Best Regards,

Edit:Found picture :)

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
An over-the-air update is the wireless delivery of new software or data to mobile phones and tablets.

Last edited: