ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Your devices, to do with as you wish (so don't take this as nannying) but as we get all sorts of skill levels in this forum, need to point out:

FLASHING 3rd PARTY FIRMWARE TO YOUR DEVICE WILL INVALIDATE THE WARRANTY

Always make sure the firmware is 100% compatible with the hardware in question.
If you have warranty left on your device, flashing non-DroidBOX firmware means you'll not get it repaired in the office for free should anything go wrong.

DroidBOX official part=over.

Personal part=interested to find out if anyone is brave enough! I'd give it a go if I had a spare device at my place.

Reactions: sblabs

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Hi SilentlyScreaming, that is the reason i didn't flash my box, i dont want to validate the warranty, and its the only droidbox i got, but as you say interesting to hear from any one that has been brave enough to flash it.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
I`ll do it if somebody gives me step by step instuctions. I`ve tried already but it wont install because the firmware is older than the installed version. I guess it needs a clean install but i don`t know how..

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Ah, it is a ZIP file, not one that uses a USB cable.

I can't release any official news right now, but there could be related/interesting news in next few days.

However... keep an eye out on the main blog - https://DroidBOX.co.uk/blog - and this area of the forum if you own a T8-S Plus.
If anything interesting is to be posted, it'll be before about 7.30pm on Friday.

Reactions: getyers and sblabs

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
One really important question please!! Is droidbox market place safe to use on the PLUS now?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you mean Droidbox PLAY market (Droidbox market - the equivalent of their App Store has always been safe), the answer is no.
Quote from silently screaming on Wednesday in reply to a similar query "Bug remains in the current release, so Lollipop devices are likely to need a factory reset if DBx Play Market is installed. Coders are aware."