Kendalld77

Aug 12, 2015
Hi my box froze mid movie and then kodi wouldn't load. I had to do a reset and see a few posts talking about not enough storage on these boxes which causes a freeze.

Will adding a HDD correct this. I've always used a zero cache option on my RPI and never had problems with storage.

Do I need to do regular cache clearance and can that be done from cubit maintenance

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
These boxes don't have much space and it share between android and openelec, also when you run the wizard it downloads and go to the mics files and I assume updates do to. There's a thread on here how to delete it, but I think droidbox need to do a video on how to do it on YouTube so we don't get the wrong file and end up deleting something important.
I use openelec more as it has a smaller foot print....
Hope this helps and hope the droidbox team do a video as this would help a lot if people with T8 and T8s...

Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Take some preventative measures. If you download any movies download to the hdd. The same with any music and photos. Monitor space usage, uninstall any unused apps. If you installed any apps from .apks, delete the apk after backing up to the hdd.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Also worth checking ES File Explorer's SD Card Analyst.
It won't pick up space taken up by openELEC, but can help to find files on your device that are taking up space and aren't needed.

To check:
Boot up
Circle with six dots
ES File Explorer
Close any guidance shown on how to use the device and cancel the auto update for now
Expand the TOOLS menu on the left hand side
Click on the SD Card Analyst entry
On the right, keep clicking through the folder listed at the top, until you find where the files are that take up most space.